Just Missed

Just Missed

This is a discussion on Just Missed within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I stopped at Wally World on the way into the office yesterday to look for some 9mm and 22LR ammo. Like every other day, other ...

Thread: Just Missed

VIP Member

Just Missed

I stopped at Wally World on the way into the office yesterday to look for some 9mm and 22LR ammo. Like every other day, other than one, I have been there in the last 3 or 4 months, there was none on the shelves. This morning I had an event at my son's school and ran by Wally World after - around 10am. the manager told me that they got a large shipment of 9mm last night and had placed it on the shelves around 7am, but it was all gone by 9am.

ARRRRRRR!!!! Enough of this shortage already!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    around 10am. the manager told me that they got a large shipment of 9mm last night and had placed it on the shelves around 7am, but it was all gone by 9am.
    You need an inside man. You could always bribe a clerk, where $40 (maybe) might get you a heads-up on scoring $500 of ammo before the next run.

Bummer on the backlogs, too. Those who get ammo run out quickly; and those who've got it on order are seemingly waiting forever. It is ugly, out there. Look on the bright side, though: so long as ammo makers continue making, the shortage can't last forever.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I've heard some of the people who are waiting there at 7am are gunshop owners who are reselling the ammo at inflated prices in their own shops. Sux but hopefully it'll level out some day. Haven't seen a box of ammo at my Walmart in weeks!

Fla CWFL holder
    NRA member
    Ruger LCP EDC
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    I just keep looking...

Night before last I stopped in at WM to get a few groceries, and when I'm there I always check the ammo. The case was pretty bare but they did have a dozen boxed of WWB .45 ACP 230 gr ball for $20.47/50-count box. I don't really "need" any more .45 ammo but that's about $3 cheaper than Scheel's sells it so I bought two boxes. Last time I saw .22 LR ammo at WM was sometime last year.

I went last night in the middle of a damn snowstorm at 11:30 pm to Walmart cuz the clerk told me they get their truck in at 10 pm. Pallets hit the floor at 10:30, ammo gone by 10:40, never even made it to the cabinet.

Ran into a 250 round box of 9 mm remington umc today at one of my local gun shops, $99. Couldnt pass it up. They actually had a decent amount of pretty much all pistol calibers.Stick with the hunt cuz you never know when its gonna pay off.

Sent a buddy out there that was looking for some a short while later and he got the last 2 boxes. Always good to help guys out so when you need something it comes back around.

I feel your pain. The search goes on.

...my grandpa'd crow to me how he bought .22 shorts 2bx. for a quarter...when he worked all day as a carpenter for 50 cents a day...
    ...I was envious...because I had to give 55 cents a box...and I was making $1 an hour...1.1 cents a shot...
    ...last year, I bought my first box of .22 shorts in 36 years...and paid $3.75...7.5 cents a shot...

...haven't tried to buy any since the obamastorms came through...

...in 68, .22 LR was about 85 cents a box...1.7 cents a shot
    ...last month...we saw someone selling on the net a box of 550 for $249.00... 45 cents a shot...or $22.64 for a box of 50
    ...my local shop had 225 for $30....13 cents a shot...or 6.67 per box of 50

...it's insane what's happening...but even at these crazy prices...people have to have some ammo...and some practice ammo...
    ...when you add the normal, regular shooters to the panic buyers and first-time buyers, the huge gov't purchases, and the brass that China's buying from us, it's conceivable that raw materials will continue to be hard to find...
    ...I've got some .38 brass and .45 brass that I'd be proud to give to a local reloader, but I don't know one...that might take the load off a little bit...

I went to wally world today the shelves are completely bare. I have given up on looking until this hopefully settles down.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Sponsored Links