Is Google anti?

Is Google anti?

This is a discussion on Is Google anti? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you Google "9mm ammo", you get a lot of hits. Granted all of them are too expensive, but you get them. If you go ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Is Google anti?

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar

Is Google anti?

If you Google "9mm ammo", you get a lot of hits. Granted all of them are too expensive, but you get them. If you go to Google Shopping and search the same or even "9mm ammo bulk", you don't get any ammo. You get all kinds of stuff, but NONE of it is ammo.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

amazon is the same way, ammo and guns are about the only things they dont sell

While it wouldn't surprise me if the most of the c-level executives at Google are anti-gun, I don't think the shopping restrictions are a result of anything more than lawyers recommending they don't sell any federally regulated items. Google shopping also doesn't allow the sale of alcohol and tobacco. Ebay, amazon, and craigslist don't allow firearms either.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Yes

Do they censor firearms from Shopping? Yes. They are anti.

Face it. The main stream liberal establishment hates us.
    Anubis, discoboxer and RichB70 like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    A claim as in the opening post might have legs if a vendor posted here that they were denied
    access and disallowed from selling through these on-line merchants. Maybe its happened, maybe not.
    However, just because there are no vendors selling via this method, doesn't necessarily mean that they are
    prohibited. It wouldn't surprise me if they are, but we should have something more than a hunch
    before judging.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    A claim as in the opening post might have legs if a vendor posted here that they were denied
    access and disallowed from selling through these on-line merchants. Maybe its happened, maybe not.
    However, just because there are no vendors selling via this method, doesn't necessarily mean that they are
    prohibited. It wouldn't surprise me if they are, but we should have something more than a hunch
    before judging.
    Actually they did change their policy last year. There used to be lots of results, but vendors were notified that Shopping was revising it's policy to no longer allow guns, ammo, etc. to be sold.

Just found an article about it:

Google causes controversy by removing guns from Google Shopping | Digital Trends
    Hopyard likes this.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Google is what ever Obama tells them to be. That is why they avoid the the Obama hammer used on others.
    They got with his program.

I switched to Bing, not because of that, but think they give better search results.. Try the same search and see what happens.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Google stopped showing guns/ammo/gun accessories in Google Shopping a few years ago when they had a 'policy change'.

Fortunately I shopped for and bought all of my AR build parts after finding them on Google Shopping before they did this.

Administrator
    Use Startpage and not Google. Google keeps a record of everything that you search for on the Internet.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    I know Yahoo is anti- anything against Bloomberg and the NWO.
    Tried to post 3x in the comments section of the article they had on Bloomberg spending 12M on anti gun adds, and they were removed.
    No bad language, nothing insulting or any such thing.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Yup, I switched to Bing (on all my devices) for the same reason. I used to use Google shopping for lots of things but now I don't touch it. Not a fan of "thought control," thank you very much.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I think they are . When I try to put certain "key words" in my ad words ads, they won't except them. (Firearms related of coause)
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links