So this is how a junky feels when he scores DOPE !

This is a discussion on So this is how a junky feels when he scores DOPE ! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to a walmart near my house that I didnt even know existed and Voila ...9mm federal for 13 bucks a box and a 45acp ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: So this is how a junky feels when he scores DOPE !

Went to a walmart near my house that I didnt even know existed and Voila ...9mm federal for 13 bucks a box and a 45acp 100rnd value pack for $35 bucks. Just so happened I was with my Father who didnt hesitate to follow suit. Might actually have a decent range day this weekend finally. Things are starting to look up in my neck of the woods this store had 7.62,380,9mm,40,45,22, etc etc like a normal day

Congrats on your score. With that kind of luck I hope you also got some Lotto tickets....

Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

i am just green with jealous rage right now ;)

hopefully wisconsin follows suit!
    Glock 23 Gen 4
    Bravo Company AR-15

up until today the shelves have been completely empty except 7mm , 22-250, and 410 for about 2 months ..

Your lucky it was not Pistol .40 caliber 165 grain, jacketed hollow point. DHS just purchased an additional 360,000 rounds of that stuff...

I have enough 9mm for now (2K+) but every time I go to Wally world, I swing by to see what they have... so far, nothing...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    Went to a walmart near my house that I didnt even know existed and Voila ...9mm federal for 13 bucks a box and a 45acp 100rnd value pack for $35 bucks. Just so happened I was with my Father who didnt hesitate to follow suit. Might actually have a decent range day this weekend finally. Things are starting to look up in my neck of the woods this store had 7.62,380,9mm,40,45,22, etc etc like a normal day
    Did you ever consider that this walmart does not exist and this is just a dream

Yeah, just had 250 rounds delivered by UPS. Privi Partizan ammo, new production, 13.95, 50 rounds of 7.63 x 25 plus shipping.
    A LGS sold me 150 rounds of Fiocci for $33.99 per 50. I wanted to go to the range so bad that spring fever got the best of me but I promised myself to never do that again.
    Of course supposed to be 65+ F and clear later this week so that 250 I just got has not got a chance of survival. I'll be prowling again.

"MOLON LABE"
    "come and take them"
    King Leonidas of Sparta

...Went to a walmart near my house...
    ...this store had 7.62,380,9mm,40,45,22, etc etc like a normal day
    I want some of whatever it was you were drinking!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Well, unlike a junky, just don't "shoot it up"
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

I got lucky today at Academy. 1 box per caliber limit, I found 50/bx 22lr, wwb 100/bx 9mm, 50/bx 45 and 20/bx Fed 5.56. Hit 2 stores today.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    Your lucky it was not Pistol .40 caliber 165 grain, jacketed hollow point. DHS just purchased an additional 360,000 rounds of that stuff...

I have enough 9mm for now (2K+) but every time I go to Wally world, I swing by to see what they have... so far, nothing...
    They had 2, 100rnd packs of that left WWB ... .40 is the most plentiful SD round in my area

I also want to Highlight that my girlfriend was with me and I could have used her to get 3 more boxes since she was a seperate customer.... I did NOT do that because it is not the right thing to do and I respect my fellow shooters
    Fisher10 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I also want to Highlight that my girlfriend was with me and I could have used her to get 3 more boxes since she was a seperate customer.... I did NOT do that because it is not the right thing to do and I respect my fellow shooters
    You are a good man. If everybody thought like that we might not have as bad a shortage as we do.

Picked up a few hundred rounds of .380ACP myself, today.

Oooooooooh, it feels gooood.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Here's a brilliantly horrible suggestion: tell your girlfriend that you need to have her purchase some for you and refer to her as your "ammo mule", ladies love to be spoken of in the same terms as livestock!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links