Double Tap Ammo

This is a discussion on Double Tap Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I order 100 rounds of 10mm and 40 rounds of ammo from double tap ammo almost 5 weeks ago. I emailed them and they said ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Double Tap Ammo

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar

Double Tap Ammo

I order 100 rounds of 10mm and 40 rounds of ammo from double tap ammo almost 5 weeks ago. I emailed them and they said the order is pending. I replied asking when I could expect it with no response. I understand the shortage we have and everything but according to them both products I ordered were in stock so I was not expecting this kind of wait and with no response from them I have no idea when it will come. Does anybody have any idea what their wait time is and when I can expect to see this ammo.

2. Remove Ads

I don't know about double tap specifically, but the last two times I ordered ammo online (two different vendors) and it said "in stock", I had to wait 4-6 weeks to receive it. I think many of these folks are so far behind on shipping that the constraint is no longer always availability, but sometimes it's the ability of their shipping departments to keep up.

I've entirely stopped ordering ammo online. I've been just waiting for my LGS and/or wally world to have some and buy it there as it trickles in. I'm still getting enough to keep me going. I'll just wait to stock up to normal levels until things even out a little.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    ... according to them both products I ordered were in stock so I was not expecting this kind of wait and with no response from them I have no idea when it will come. Does anybody have any idea what their wait time is and when I can expect to see this ammo.
    Well, the products you ordered were orderable. Unless their web site is specifically tied into the inventory/supply system, it's hard to know for certain whether that equates to being in-stock and available for immediate shipment.

What did DT say when you called them?

Generally, I've had things come within a week to two weeks, though I haven't purchased much DT in the past 18mos or so. Uncertain what their current lead times are, and it'll vary from lot to lot, week to week, I'm sure.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I ordered from Selway Armory on the 19th. UPS says it will be delivered TODAY. Yippee. Their website specifically states that anything that is available for order, which granted is not much, is available for shipping.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    I ordered from Selway Armory on the 19th. UPS says it will be delivered TODAY. Yippee. Their website specifically states that anything that is available for order, which granted is not much, is available for shipping.
    Thanks for the tip. I just ordered a bucket of .38spl 158gr lswc.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Well, the products you ordered were orderable. Unless their web site is specifically tied into the inventory/supply system, it's hard to know for certain whether that equates to being in-stock and available for immediate shipment.

What did DT say when you called them?

Generally, I've had things come within a week to two weeks, though I haven't purchased much DT in the past 18mos or so. Uncertain what their current lead times are, and it'll vary from lot to lot, week to week, I'm sure.
    He said they were backlogged on production. When I first emailed asking them for a versatile 10mm round that would work for hunting and SD he said the 200 grain nosler JHP would work well my reply was that when I went to add it to cart it came up as false meaning they were out of stock and they emailed me back saying that it was back in stock. I assumed that it meant it was ready to ship but now I believe that the components to load them were in stock but had not been loaded yet. I understand that they must be going crazy trying to keep up with the high demand from buyers but I do not understand why they can't at least get an ETA on it. I am in no great hurry for it because I have some Federal hydro-shock that I am using for SD ammo now but I was hoping someone might be able to tell me when I can expect this. If it is going to be a couple of more weeks then no big deal but if it is 3 months then I would consider cancelling my order and ordering some Bufallo Bore ammo.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    I don't know what their current order time is, but in the past they took only two weeks to get my 357 Sig to me. Everyone is backed up!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reality check:

...I was hoping someone might be able to tell me when I can expect this. If it is going to be a couple of more weeks then no big deal but if it is 3 months then I would consider cancelling my order and ordering some Bufallo Bore ammo.
    The only ones who can answer that are at DT, and they may, or may not, answer accurately.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    The only ones who can answer that are at DT, and they may, or may not, answer accurately.
    I know I was just hoping that someone else ordered ammo from there recently and could let me know how long it took to get it.

I placed an order early in the month with Doubletap for an in stock item. At checkout the screen said I would receive the order within 5-8 days. I have tried to contact them several times and they don't respond. My message today was that if there is no update to me by tomorrow then don't bother because I will source it elsewhere and dispute the charge. I already notified my credit card company. False or misleading advertising and crappy customer support are things I will not fund.

Wow, sorry to hear about the problems with Double Tap. In the past, I've bought their ammo through another site, never directly. I sure enjoy shooting their ammo. I still have 1/2 box of .357 mag 125 grain jacketed HP. Whew, hot tamales, even in my old ( steel) Model 28.

Am I wrong in being a little upset about this? If when I ordered it and they sent me an email confirming the order and saying because of the high demand it would be 8-10 weeks or whatever before it is delivered I would have said it is what it is and will wait but when I ask for an ETA over and over again and I get one email saying that the order has been updated to pending with no ETA that bugs me. Like I said in the original post I understand there is a shortage and a buying frenzy going on but they must have an idea of how many rounds they can ship out every day and how many rounds they are backed up and give me an idea of when I am going to see it and all this would just take a couple of minutes at the most. I think it would be quicker to do that instead of looking at 10 emails just to ignore them. When I had questions before I ordered they responded within an hour but since I have placed the order I get hardly any response.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I don't know, but my best quess is that you are somewhere on a very long list.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

They emailed me Tuesday and said the 10mm was ready but they were waiting for powder for the 9mm and it was going to be 3+ weeks so they agreed to send me the 10mm now and should he here in less than a week and then send me the 9mm when it is done without any additional shipping charges. They also did not bill me for any shipping and are going to charge me the whole shipping amount when they send the 9mm. I am looking forward to shoot some of the ammo that is loaded like it is meant to be instead of all the weaker target loads. Two of my sons baseball games have started so I do not know when I will get a chance to shoot it now.

I am looking forward to shoot some of the ammo that is loaded like it is meant to be instead of all the weaker target loads.
    Then you should have bought some Underwood or Buffalo Bore. Double Tap typically comes in 100-150 fps UNDER what they claim in 10mm. Plenty of videos about it online. Underwood, on the other hand, typically comes in about 50 fps HIGHER than they claim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links