Way to be, ammo to go

Way to be, ammo to go

This is a discussion on Way to be, ammo to go within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I see ammotogo.com has Federal HST 9mm ammo in stock, 147 grainers. For 60 flipping bucks a box. Nice job, crooks. Way to prey on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Way to be, ammo to go

Way to be, ammo to go

I see ammotogo.com has Federal HST 9mm ammo in stock, 147 grainers.

For 60 flipping bucks a box.

Nice job, crooks. Way to prey on your own kind.

Never again will I get on that site.
    smolck, rugergunner and GoPackman like this.

I bought 300 of 9mm from them for $20 a box, got it delivered the next day. More pricey than normal but not to your extent.

Yea, $60 per box of 50 is inflated, especially for 9mm. $20 seems more reasonable. Maybe the 'brand name'is more expensive? Of course, there is still the shipping charge, no matter what the brand name on the box.

On the other hand if you had NO ammo and were able to pay for it you would buy it and be thankfull it was there. If they placed on the market at $30 it would be gone in a matter of minutes. Back in November I bought 12 boxes at $25 each. It's simple supply and demand. Somebody will buy it a $60 or they will lower the price.
    Tzadik likes this.

Geez, maybe I'm a moron then! I just ordered two boxes from them! And really- a good price would be $20 a box!? What planet are you from where they sell 147 gr Federal HST for $20 per 50 count? Because I wanna join NASA and fly there! Even when Obama was still at Harvard duty ammo wasn't that cheap. I have a 20 round box of 135 gr Hyrda-Shok ammo sitting on the floor by my feet. It's some stuff Dad bought years ago (he passed two years ago) but the price tag says $14.99, for 20 rounds.

Fast forward to reality, circa 2013. Scheel's is selling 115 gr no-name ball ammo for $25/50! Yeah, I had to take my glasses off, rub my eyes and look again to make sure it wasn't a hallucination. Fifty freakin' cents a round for ball 9mm!

And HST? It's unobtainium here, at any price. There's no 9mm duty ammo in town that's under a buck per round. That's gouging, or for the real red blooded Americans here, "capitalism at its more pure and beautiful!"

So yeah, I'm not thrilled at the price they're selling it at, and I think all ammo I've seen on the shelves lately was overpriced, but I don't think that ATG is too far out of line. Again, I voted with my wallet and bought two boxes. I kind of "need" some more premium defensive ammo and I can't find much around, and what I can find it priced about the same.

If the price was normal there would be none available. For those that absolutely have to have it they will pay the price. It is happening everywhere but the crisis is beginning to fade and more are becoming available.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I think I might make a list of all the companies I see that are doing the price gouging and never buy from them ever even after this all calms down and they return to normal prices. Once it settles I will stick with the LGS or places like Sportsmans guide and Cabelas who have had reasonable prices throughout all of this. they might not be able to keep it on the shelves but they are still offering to the consumer at decent prices.

I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. They have always been reasonable with good service. If we can't find it, how much was their cost? They have to make a profit to pay expenses and employees. Pretty sure they would be counted a small business that does not have the buying power of Walmart who, by the way, has zero product to sell in my area.

i will never buy from their site as well...thanks for the heads up
    Glock 23 Gen 4
    Bravo Company AR-15

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    I think I might make a list of all the companies I see that are doing the price gouging and never buy from them ever even after this all calms down and they return to normal prices. Once it settles I will stick with the LGS or places like Sportsmans guide and Cabelas who have had reasonable prices throughout all of this. they might not be able to keep it on the shelves but they are still offering to the consumer at decent prices.
    $60 a box of 50 is hideous price for me. Would not pay it unless I needed rounds for a shootout at high noon.

Problem is the stores you mention are not selling online and you have to physically be there when they have the ammo. I see several people that seem to make the rounds of the stores daily and buy it when its available. When you consider the time and other expenses involved in this activity: I wonder what they would be paying for "normal" priced ammo if they placed a value on their time and the cost of driving from place to place.
    Yeah, makes sense to me to be up at 5 AM to drive 30 miles to stand in line just in case they have ammo for sale this morning or next morning or the next; to some its fun and they really enjoy the search but to others who work from 7 AM to 7 PM it may be worth buying at any price for the convenience.

Some people say " I'm retired, got more time than money" and I would counter that your time is the most valuable thing you own.

I predict that ammo will slowly sell out.

"MOLON LABE"
    "come and take them"
    King Leonidas of Sparta

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    The ammo shipment thread I started a few weeks ago was from ATG. In that shipment I had a 50 rnd box of HST that I bought for $25. I also paid $15 for Blazer which was about $2 higher than other places.

Ammunition to go and other internet sellers don't make the ammo - they buy it from wholesalers who are just more visible than those wholesalers are. Blame the wholesalers.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    I see ammotogo.com has Federal HST 9mm ammo in stock, 147 grainers.

For 60 flipping bucks a box.

Nice job, crooks. Way to prey on your own kind.

Never again will I get on that site.

"cheaper than dirt" has .40 S&W. PMC 50 round boxes for $39.59. Massive ripoff also. Hell, I can get them at my LGS for $21.99 per box. I don't know about everyone else, but I WILL remember this BS when everything normalizes again (if it ever does).
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Watch sgammo.. they have been reasonable compared to bulkammo.com and many others. They had 147 and 147 +P HSTs earlier today for $34.99 per box of 50 but are out again. I bought a few boxes earlier this week.

Bulkammo charges more for fmj than sgammo charges for the good SD ammo. Bulkammo has lost my business.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Imagine the poor families who eat with food stamps and support their family on the parent's disability; they can't defend themselves or their family.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links