Defensive Carry banner

This is why I stopped carring 9mm

14K views 42 replies 30 participants last post by  Eric357 
#1 ·
I switched to .45 ACP a few years ago

Link

#30 ·
I respect the decision of anyone who chooses to pack whatever caliber he or she decides in a handgun, as long, of course, that they don't load it with ammo that overpenetrates a bad guy and goes streaking through the neighborhood. I can't agree that the 9mm, with proper ammunition, is not powerful enough to carry for defense, but to each his own.

#39 ·
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..................!!!!!!!!!!

#38 ·
Well....as I have stated here before - "All we are doing is just ticklin' their innards until God calls the cease fire." There was an old school teacher that taught in a rural section of a neighboring county that served in WWII. If I remeber correctly, he experienced a catastrophic failure with an M2 that sent the bolt backwards and into his pelvis. He lived, recovered from his wound, taught school, and died an old man. To my knowledge there is no handgun projectile of equivalent diameter and mass as a .50 cal M2 bolt.

The innard ticklin' will continue until otherwise ordered........

#41 ·
Oh boy! Another caliber war. :banana: I'm as fond of the 45acp as anyone, but it doesn't have magical power. As some of the above entries attest, multiple hits, even with a 45acp, won't always stop the fight.

Reactions: Eric357
#42 ·
Hey....wait a minute. So that magical fairy dust I pour into .45 hollow points really is just glitter from Wal-Mart?? Oh well, at least the wound track will look all pretty.:image035:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.