Another .308/7.62x51 Question

This is a discussion on Another .308/7.62x51 Question within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have any experience with "Ventura Munitions" ammo? They look to have about the best price I can find on brass-cased .308 ammo, but I ...

Thread: Another .308/7.62x51 Question

Another .308/7.62x51 Question

Anyone have any experience with "Ventura Munitions" ammo?

They look to have about the best price I can find on brass-cased .308 ammo, but I am not familiar with the brand. They show that the cases are "Unfired Lake City Pulled Brass". I'm not sure what "Pulled Brass" means. Are these blems, factory 2nds, or something like that, or something else?

Has anyone bought and/or shot any of these?
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#0002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

2. Remove Ads

I believe "pulled" brass means this was loaded then the bullets were pulled. It has something to do with the ammo needing to be disassembled, so only the components could be resold. In this case the brass would be unfired and should be in good shape.

I have never used Ventura ammo or heard of anyone mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyNut View Post
    I believe "pulled" brass means this was loaded then the bullets were pulled. It has something to do with the ammo needing to be disassembled, so only the components could be resold. In this case the brass would be unfired and should be in good shape...
    Thanks for your input. That's kinda what I was thinking, too.

I can't quite figure out why the ammo would need to be disassembled, if there was nothing wrong with it. I suppose that a big batch could've been made up with either defective bullets or an incorrect powder charge, then disassembled to salvage the brass. Makes me wonder, though.

Thanks again.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#0002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Thanks for your input. That's kinda what I was thinking, too.

I can't quite figure out why the ammo would need to be disassembled, if there was nothing wrong with it. I suppose that a big batch could've been made up with either defective bullets or an incorrect powder charge, then disassembled to salvage the brass. Makes me wonder, though.

Thanks again.
    It could be a ton of reasons. Most likely the ammo was out of spec in some way and deemed unsafe. Or it was worth more money to split it and sell it as components.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Links