Really??? Spending $250 on ammo is a "Stockpile"!

This is a discussion on Really??? Spending $250 on ammo is a "Stockpile"! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I can hear the dictators now..."NO ONE NEEDS A $250 STOCKPILE OF AMMO TO KILL A DEER!!!" If spending $250 on ammo means you have ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Really??? Spending $250 on ammo is a "Stockpile"!

Really??? Spending $250 on ammo is a "Stockpile"!

I can hear the dictators now..."NO ONE NEEDS A $250 STOCKPILE OF AMMO TO KILL A DEER!!!"

If spending $250 on ammo means you have a "stockpile", then I must have an "enormous ammo cashe" or a "doomsday ammo armory" and I must be some sort of "sell reliant wackadoodle survivalist prepper with apocalyptic fantasies who hoards massive quantities of deadly military style war ammo."

...hunter and target shooter Mark Smith spent $250 to stockpile ammunition, including $43 for a brick of 500 .22-caliber bullets, commonly used for target shooting and hunting small game.

Ammunition flies off store shelves amid new restrictions, fears
    Published April 05, 2013
    Associated Press

ALBANY, N.Y. – Gun enthusiasts fearful of new weapon controls and alarmed by rumors of government hoarding are buying bullets practically by the bushel, making it hard for stores nationwide to keep shelves stocked and even putting a pinch on some local law enforcement departments.

Read more: Ammunition flies off store shelves amid new restrictions, fears | Fox News
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

For these dunderheads, anything more than what's needed in the next 30secs is a "stockpile." It's no more that than anyone's food pantry at home is a "hoard."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I'd call $250 a starting point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Senior Moderator
    Obamanites think that more than one bullet is a "stockpile."

I put zero credibility to anything they say.
    OD*, BigJon10125 and AR15VSCoyote like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I saw that article this morning too, and laughed out loud. Heck, ordering ammo online, you pretty much have to get $250 worth just to make it worth your while for shipping.

OTOH, Uncle Joe says all you need is two shotgun shells, so I suppose anything more than that IS a "stockpile"!

My God! That man has 500 .22 bullets??? He must be planning some kind of murderous rampage!
    1MoreGoodGuy and Glock2201 like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#0002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I'd call $250 a starting point!

Yup, I spent $600 the other day and I was only "catching up". There wasn't a single round of .22lr available, or else I would have spent more!

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    My "friend" has 1000 rounds of 9mm and this friend isn't even a pre-ban ammo enthusiast. It just happened seeing deals and cutting back a little on range time. Now my "friend" is glad they did it and would have gone to 3000 rounds had they known.

Distinguished Member
    My wife and I went to the range last Sunday and shot more than $250 worth of ammo (in today's ridiculous prices) in the first half hour.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

The target for attack is whatever can be used to play on people's fears. Right now that is anyone who has guns and ammo. If they continue to be successful, the target will eventually become anyone who thinks about having guns and ammo. The era of Big Brother is upon us.
    darbo likes this.

VIP Member
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    That's fairly competitive for .470NE! Just be glad you're not shooting a .600 - They can run $25-$50 PER ROUND!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#0002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

One of the benefits of being old is seeing the same stuff come up again and again. Back in the 90's when the Brady Bill was being hammered out there was talk of anyone with some ridiculously small amount of ammunition having to declare themselves as an armory. I was shooting competitive trap at the time and went through 20 to 30 thousand shot shells a year. I reloaded at least 10 to 15 thousand a year. I would have been in the Lake City class.
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    If spending $250 on ammo means you have a "stockpile", then I must have an "enormous ammo cashe" or a "doomsday ammo armory" and I must be some sort of "sell reliant wackadoodle survivalist prepper with apocalyptic fantasies who hoards massive quantities of deadly military style war ammo."[/url]
    Pffff, $250. As for the quote, this is America and we should be able to spend our money on whatever we want. I could not care less at all what other people think of me anyway. Now I haven't gone out and bought an old decommissioned missile silo or anything but to me, the ones who are taking an extra step and preparing for various disasters in order to take care of them and their families, I sure haven't seen a better time for it in my lifetime.

Man, what some wouldn't have given in order to have some of the things that I have when they were enduring the great depression. No thanks, I'll keep buying ammo, guns and food and they can keep buying those pink plastic yard flamingos.
    Sky Pilot likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    I can hear the dictators now..."NO ONE NEEDS A $250 STOCKPILE OF AMMO TO KILL A DEER!!!"

If spending $250 on ammo means you have a "stockpile", then I must have an "enormous ammo cashe" or a "doomsday ammo armory" and I must be some sort of "sell reliant wackadoodle survivalist prepper with apocalyptic fantasies who hoards massive quantities of deadly military style war ammo."

Ammunition flies off store shelves amid new restrictions, fears
    Published April 05, 2013
    Associated Press

ALBANY, N.Y. – Gun enthusiasts fearful of new weapon controls and alarmed by rumors of government hoarding are buying bullets practically by the bushel, making it hard for stores nationwide to keep shelves stocked and even putting a pinch on some local law enforcement departments.

Read more: Ammunition flies off store shelves amid new restrictions, fears | Fox News
    Another example of an editorial writer posing as a journalist. Then again, that's what "journalists" are these days--people with an agenda masquerading as reporters. I wonder if that AP writer gets as worked up at the Obamas extravagant and many vacations. Never mind, I don't wonder.
    Sky Pilot likes this.
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

They want you helpless, not prepared. This is our government, folks!
    pgrass101 and Sky Pilot like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links