People paying $95-150 for .22lr 550 federal "value packs"

This is a discussion on People paying $95-150 for .22lr 550 federal "value packs" within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; And upwards of $1.50 a round for .223?! Seriously. What the hell is going on?! I can see a mark up but have some self ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: People paying $95-150 for .22lr 550 federal "value packs"

People paying $95-150 for .22lr 550 federal "value packs"

And upwards of $1.50 a round for .223?!

Seriously. What the hell is going on?! I can see a mark up but have some self respect people. It should be maybe $20. Ammo wholesalers are preying upon panicked masses by inflicting a brutal 500% mark up.

AND YOU SUCKERS ARE PAYING IT!

Stop. Supply will equal demand. The world is not ending. When people stop paying these ridiculous mark ups the price will drop. And if you are one of these price gouging, profiteering retailers? (which I know there are some on this board) YOU ARE WORSE THAN BIDEN, OBAMA, AND FEINSTEIN COMBINED. Not only are you preying on innocent patriotic Americans, but you are playing right into the gun grabber's hand by helping them paint a picture of us all as ammo hoarding extreme right wing militia terrorists. Shame on you.

Sorry for the rant guys, but I had to get that off my chest.
    Phaedrus and NONAME762 like this.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    For people that do training we need the ammo to make a living! The last time I purchased 22lr it was $200 for a 5000 round brick! Now I see it going for $1000 for 5000 rounds! Luckily I have enough in my safe to get us through the summer. After that we'll go to SIRT pistols for basic pistol!
    Phaedrus likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

It's really sad. I hope it turns around for your sake. I happen to know when my local wal mart stocks so I manage to get over there when they are stocking and buy what I can since they aren't price gouging (surprisingly).

Senior Moderator
    Sometimes it not even about supply and demand...its about perception.

Right now...perception of what could be in the near future is the driving factor.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

That doesn't make it ok for retailers to price gouge on this ridiculous level. If they truly believe they are in the fight for 2a with the rest of us they should be selling ammunition and firearms at fair market value for whatever perceived cataclysm is on it's way.

The profiteering currently going on is absolutely despicable.

Not me.
    I had a work college tell me tonight that he knows he over paid on 22 bullets. But he is also looking to gouge someone on an ar. So I don't feel for him.

Right, however, gouging someone on an AR to the level that .22 is going for right now would equate to a $1500 rifle selling for $7-10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    And upwards of $1.50 a round for .223?!

Seriously. What the hell is going on?! I can see a mark up but have some self respect people. It should be maybe $20. Ammo wholesalers are preying upon panicked masses by inflicting a brutal 500% mark up.

AND YOU SUCKERS ARE PAYING IT!

Stop. Supply will equal demand. The world is not ending. When people stop paying these ridiculous mark ups the price will drop. And if you are one of these price gouging, profiteering retailers? (which I know there are some on this board) YOU ARE WORSE THAN BIDEN, OBAMA, AND FEINSTEIN COMBINED. Not only are you preying on innocent patriotic Americans, but you are playing right into the gun grabber's hand by helping them paint a picture of us all as ammo hoarding extreme right wing militia terrorists. Shame on you.

Sorry for the rant guys, but I had to get that off my chest.

You are right one the money... Some these "dealers" are really sticking it to us right now. ALL the big reputable ones are selling it for what they have always sold it for. ...Why? Well, because the manufactures are not charging anymore for it..That's why!! They just run out quicker because they are selling a good product at a good mark up and its fair..These "dealers" are like sharks smelling blood and they are sticking it to us hard. I watched a few of them selling super cheap Agrulia and Rem bulk packs for 100+ bucks and they had HUNDREDS in stock. In some cases, it's even worse than that. They take their stock down because of slow sales and then repost them a day latter to give the impression that they ran out quickly and now by the grace of god have more for ya at the same 100 dollar price tag.. It's disgusting... The ethical and patriotic thing to do would have been to put a one box limit on them and sell them for a bit of a premium.. maybe 30.00 bucks a box.. I use to support these small guys but not anymore.. I won't forget who they are...

VIP Member
    This craze is just irrational on both sides. I do have a lot of .22, but I was lucky enough to have purchased a bunch well before the craze. Had I not, I sure as heck wouldn't buy any now.

Don't people stop and think?

Whole lotta dumb going around.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Retailers are charging so much because 1. People are buying it at these prices. 2. They need to get as much for it as posable because they don't know when they'll get more in stock.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Things aren't over-priced as long as the demand exceeds the supply.
    bigmacque likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Things aren't over-priced as long as the demand exceeds the supply.
    Yeah, I learned that one in 9th grade civics. But how there is a demand for .22LR at that price is beyond me. I can still enjoy a gun without shooting.

I guess some people have money to burn...I sure as heck ain't gonna spend that kind of money on .22 ammo
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I agree 1000% with ya brother. We need to stop buying and let the ammo makers catch up. This is totally insane 22lr for over $100 a brick. Just totally nuts. And some are actually paying these prices.

I look in my closet and I see 3000+ rounds of .22lr and That's only six little bricks... I paid 50.00 bucks for it and would not sell it to my worst enemy for 600.00 dollars.. I just could not sleep after that.

Now, from what I understand some of the big boys only run .22lr once a year and that is usually ample for the whole planet.. They are running some of those lines now due to demand but the "big" run is approaching and the market will be flooded with .22lr.(could be urban legend) Everyone should just wait and and stop freaking out. The .22LR is not going anywhere and you owe it to yourselves and your pride to not feed into this..(unless you and the boy HAVE to hit woods today)

You know, as much as I dislike Wal Mart, they are not jacking up the price. Good for them. Also, if you guys want to catch some at fair market value, GunBot is what I have been using. And it also gives me a good sense of who to buy from, and who to never do business with again because I can track the companies that are gouging and make note of it.

I am glad to see at least you all have your heads screwed on straight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links