Finally Found Some Ammo

Finally Found Some Ammo

This is a discussion on Finally Found Some Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have about 500 rds of fmj and 100 rds of defensive ammo which what I consider my "stockpile". Every time I go to the ...

Thread: Finally Found Some Ammo

Finally Found Some Ammo

I have about 500 rds of fmj and 100 rds of defensive ammo which what I consider my "stockpile". Every time I go to the range, I buy what I shoot to replace my stockpile. Well since I have not been able to buy, I have not been able to shoot. But, I finally figured out the system. I finally talked to the hunting and fishing manager after several attempt to buy ammo after work and he says the get a shipment 5 days a week, but you have to be there before 10am to get ammo. It just sells out too fast to wait until after work. I woke up early on today (Saturday) and went down there. They had over lots of 9mm, plenty of 22LR, 223, 40, and 45. They have a limit on 1 bx per person, so I box 1 box of 9mm fmj and 1 box of 22lr. Went to my car, took my jacket off and went back to buy 1 more box of 9 mm fmj. Normal prices and frankly uneventful. Either things are starting to loosen up or we just need to game the system in our favor. I did not see any defensive ammo, but plenty of fmj. So, I am off to the range tomorrow. Thanks for letting me share the joy.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Good to hear some are finding ammo. Enjoy your trip to the range.

We have a huge lgs around here and throughout all of this they have been getting ammo. But it's been really difficult to get because people camp there, literally overnight. For several months they had a ticket system like Black Friday EVERY morning for AR's and other rare guns. The early people pretty much scarfed up the ammo.

Anyway, the last couple weeks they have steadily been getting more and more ammo. All calibres, all box sizes up to cases. Yesterday at 5pm they still had everything. Some of the cases were sold out but still plenty of other. That means a lot that late in the day.

They also have about 40-50 "AR" rifles on the shelf and they have discontinued the ticket system. I was holding fnh scars, Wilson combat, stag, S&W, sig, and a lot more. Also, their prices never went up.

Looks like things are finally easing up a little.

It looks like it is starting to ease up, maybe. Lgs has a pretty steady supply of .380s, monitoring gunbot.com has netted me some 9mm at high but not absurd prices. Now if I can only find the elusive 22lr.

Distinguished Member
    For the last 2 months, whenever I need to get some ammo I would just go on delivery day (monday when store opens, or atleast 1-2 hours after, thankfully I can leave work at will). Usually have most of what one would need, and it's been getting better every week I've gone (miss a week here and there).
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Went back to Academy tonight for another reason and I checked the ammo shelf just to see. Still had lots of 45, but the 9mm, 22lr and 40 were all gone. Still saw lots of AK rounds and 308 (7.62x59). So, it looks like your have to be there at the right time, but I do have a feeling things are loosening up a little.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

The situation is slowly getting better. Availability is improving although prices still suck. There's a local hardware store that seems to have a full stock of everything, but 9mm ball is $20/50. That's pretty high but cheaper than Scheel's, so while I don't desperately need any I bought a few boxes. I have another HK USP on the way and I'm gonna wanna burn a few boxes when it gets here!
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Sponsored Links