Just back from Walmart...got some ammo!

This is a discussion on Just back from Walmart...got some ammo! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We arrived at Walmart at 7am. Ammo clerk didn't even bother stocking ammo. There were cases of .223, .45, .380, 9mm, and .22lr. Long line ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Just back from Walmart...got some ammo!

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar

We arrived at Walmart at 7am. Ammo clerk didn't even bother stocking ammo. There were cases of .223, .45, .380, 9mm, and .22lr. Long line of people already waiting for the "7am stocking" of ammo. 3 boxes per customer limit.

.223 sold out first.

9mm sold out next.

by the time we got there, everything was gone but 2 boxes of .22lr and one box of .380 FMJ, and 2 boxes of .45.

I don't have any .45s, so I got the last of the .22 and .380. Wife and daughter went home empty-handed. I guess she should have bought the remaining .45 for barter. The ammo clerk actually stocked the .45 in the ammo case...it's probably gone by now.

Pricing was way below online prices. $9 for the .22 , box of 225. .380 was $30 for 100 rounds.

I got two 100 round boxes of WWB 45 Auto over the past three days for $40 each. Walmart and Dunhams have turned into my go to places for realistically priced ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    I got two 100 round boxes of WWB 45 Auto over the past three days for $40 each. Walmart and Dunhams have turned into my go to places for realistically priced ammo.
    I used to buy online in 1000 round lots. Now Wally world has all the online sources beat. I still check online, but won't buy online again until they all stop gouging.
    tubadude likes this.

VIP Member
    Too bad people are still hoarding the stuff. Pretty sad when you have a line at 7AM. Glad you got something you could use. 9 bucks not horrible for the 22lr.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Who says they are hoarding? The way it comes in, they may just be restocking! I am tired of hearing peeps hoard! I go in and get 3 100 round boxes because my wife and I can shoot it in one weekend! Then I am accused of hoarding! I am buying because I did not hoard and surely wish I had!

We went to the range yesterday and expended well over 500 rounds. We emptied several 50 round boxes of 9mm and .380...plus quite a few 10 round mags of .22.

Didn't nearly replenish our stash today.

I have NO doubt that had there been no limits of amount purchased, at least one person in line would have taken all the 9 or 223. Hoarding IS still out there. The stores maybe getting their "normal" shipments from suppliers but with lines of people waiting at 7am (for what ever reason), that "normal" order sells out quickly. It's not the 3 box guy creating the problem, but the guy that will buy 30 boxes or clean out the store, pretty much saying "I got mine"!
    Last edited by rstickle; April 13th, 2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: language

Wal-Mart established a 3 box limit to prevent a hoarder from cleaning them out, so I figure if I take my 3 boxes, I'm not hoarding. There was someone on our local radio flea market offering 1000 rounds of .40 for $600. I'm pretty sure I know exactly what they're doing. They're buying from Wal-Mart and trying to double their money. I hope no one takes them up on it, and they're stuck with it. The same goes for all these people hoarding AR15 rifles and paying $2K for a $995 rifle. There isn't going to be any rifle ban or hi cap magazine ban. I hope they're all stuck with their merch. Never follow the herd, you'll get fleeced every time. That goes for guns and ammo as well as the stock market and other investments.

Distinguished Member
    Did my walmart walk today and came back with a six pack of Spotted Cow, sesame oil and some chicken. I went for ammo but the shelves were empty. Couldn't leave empty handed. If I can't shoot, at least I'll have something to eat and drink.
    Phaedrus likes this.

I don't even go to WM anymore, I go right down the road to my private owned gun shop, maybe a couple bucks more but I'd rather pay it then give it to WM.
    Wreckr and AR15VSCoyote like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_in_wi View Post
    Just wanted to let you know the owner of New Glarus Brewing Company is a FAR left Lib! They are against many of the things you probably stand for. Drink what you want, I just thought I'd share.
    Let's see, give up my guns or give up Spotted Cow? That's a tough one...I'll just keep both.

Moral of Walmart post; get there at 5:30!!! Seriously!!!!
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    Same stuff in 40 is going for $52 in california
    NRA member
    2 pistols, 3 calibers.

My local Gun Shop has 5.56 for $13.99 a box (20rd)

Not too bad in a communist state that I am......
    ScubaSteve08 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRiley View Post
    Who says they are hoarding? The way it comes in, they may just be restocking! I am tired of hearing peeps hoard! I go in and get 3 100 round boxes because my wife and I can shoot it in one weekend! Then I am accused of hoarding! I am buying because I did not hoard and surely wish I had!
    There are many buyers that don't even own a gun. I was in Wally world the other day and a guy said he would take everything they had, didn't care about caliber. These people are selling at inflated prices, taking advantage of the shortage. So in a sense they are even worse than the hoarders!!!
    Wreckr likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links