Odd Ammo Find...

This is a discussion on Odd Ammo Find... within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I stopped by Academy sports today looking for 9mm (hah!) and .357 Sig, struck out on both counts. I did however find something rather odd ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ZOMBIEvs42

Thread: Odd Ammo Find...

Odd Ammo Find...

I stopped by Academy sports today looking for 9mm (hah!) and .357 Sig, struck out on both counts. I did however find something rather odd and amusing, they had boxes of Fiocchi 4.6 x 30mm ammo...WHY???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the HK MP7 the only weapon that fires this round? The MP7 that is only available to military and LE customers and has no civilian variant? I don't know of any US LE agencies that use the MP7, I know the British police do but no one here, and it's not like they would be getting their ammo from Academy sports anyway.

I can see stocking 5.7 x 28mm since there are some people that have PS90s and FiveseveNs and several agencies in this area use the P90 as a patrol rifle (Addison PD for instance has one in every patrol unit) but why stock a caliber that literally no one will buy? I don't get it...

2. Remove Ads

My lgs had a box of ammo for the stg 44 last time I was in there...

my buddy has an MP7 that we shoot pretty often, its a neat little gun. when we can find ammo for it.
    heatherr855 likes this.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMBIEvs42 View Post
    my buddy has an MP7 that we shoot pretty often, its a neat little gun. when we can find ammo for it.
    SOT I'm guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    SOT I'm guessing?

If you can call it prior MSOR, but he refuses to talk about it, but from my point of view he was paid like a gunny but rarely put on the uniform. But we still go play with his old toys from time to time
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    A special order that didn't get picked up?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    DHS is pre-staging ammo stockpiles for when they come to confiscate your firearms! What better place to store ammo - in plain sight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    DHS is pre-staging ammo stockpiles for when they come to confiscate your firearms! What better place to store ammo - in plain sight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha yea that's it!

I stop by that store fairly frequently, it is is a rather "transitional" area. That is to say that it is in a commercial area with a Home Depot and a tire place but less than a mile away is the worst area of Dallas north of the Trinity (Five Points). Just two days ago there was a 4 hour SWAT standoff with a POS who murdered his pregnant girlfriend (baby died too), led DPD on a chase all over town, went back to his 'hood, shot an officer (vest stopped it) and was later captured after SWAT put in CS gas and entered the house.

From what I can tell by the ammo on the shelves, the local gang bangers don't own many MP7s, Makarovs, or 16ga shotguns.

Today's weird find was at a Walmart where I was grocery & ammo shopping, nothing I wanted in the case as usual but they did have 3 different types of .338 Lapua Magnum priced at a mere $63.97 for 20 rounds. I guess if you can afford the $10K for a rifle that fires that caliber then you can afford the ammo too!

My walmart had a big stock of 6.8 special today, but not a lick of pistol ammo. the hell ?

Links