AMMO... How to screw the customer, let me count the ways

This is a discussion on AMMO... How to screw the customer, let me count the ways within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was placing an order of 7.62x39's... fair price I thought. 32 cents a round.. till I got to shipping, cheapest choice $26 dollars!!!!!!! I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zat9

Thread: AMMO... How to screw the customer, let me count the ways

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

AMMO... How to screw the customer, let me count the ways

I was placing an order of 7.62x39's... fair price I thought. 32 cents a round.. till I got to shipping, cheapest choice $26 dollars!!!!!!! I wanted 200 rounds so that would EASLIY fit into US Post Office Flat rate box for 6 bucks!!!!!!

Sorry Center Mass Firearms, order deleted!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I went to order Hogue grips for my S&W yesterday. Reasonably priced, right up until I got to the $13 s&h part. Same result, order deleted.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    The sellers do make a markup gain on the cost of shipping, but you guys are both correct: there's no sense in gouging buyers on shipping just to gain more margin. Eventually that just drives business away.

They're trying to make up for the loss of sales that they've experienced by hitting you for shipping, but that's going to backfire.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

OP: Just so you know, you can't ship ammunition via US Post office - only commercial carriers such as UPS or FedEx labeled as ORM-D. So figure $12-$18.
    marcclarke likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    I was placing an order of 7.62x39's... fair price I thought. 32 cents a round.. till I got to shipping, cheapest choice $26 dollars!!!!!!! I wanted 200 rounds...
    Yep, that's a gouge, big time.

I ordered 500 rounds of .308 a few months ago and I don't think the shipping was more than about $18. Probably 3-4 times the size & weight of your order.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#0002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

I ordered a number of items from an online retailer three months ago, some in stock and a couple on back order. The in stock items shipped right away and with a reasonable shipping cost given the total weight and box size required. Just yesterday I received notice that the two back order items were in and would be shipped. Exorbitant shipping cost IMO given that it was just two small items (no ammo or firearms) that in total weighed less that 8 ounces. Even more irritating was the addition of a never before mentioned “small order charge” of $3.00.

VIP Member
    Lots of places are bad about shipping costs. Sometimes they add a handling charge also.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Not just ammo. I was ordering a name tag for one of my guys from Galls. Little brass plate you wear on your shirt..cheapest shipping option was over ten dollars.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Thought I finally found Fed small pistol primers $29K yippee
    Limit 1K plus $26 S&H plus $28 hazmat

Links