First time I have seen this in my local Wal-mart.

This is a discussion on First time I have seen this in my local Wal-mart. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While on lunch yesterday, stopped by sporting goods at a nearby Wal-Mart to see what kind of ammo they had(fools errand, I know). Walked to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Boudin

Thread: First time I have seen this in my local Wal-mart.

While on lunch yesterday, stopped by sporting goods at a nearby Wal-Mart to see what kind of ammo they had(fools errand, I know). Walked to the case and they had 6.8 spec. I was amazed and amused at the same time. I wonder how long that will last?

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Judging from SSA email when they have stock, 15 minutes!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I mentioned in another thread, I stopped at one the other day and all they had was .17HMR and .338 Lapua. The .338 was $63.97 for 20 rounds. This was on top of the day before when I stopped at Academy sports and found about a dozen boxes of 4.6 x 30mm.

I can hear the purchasing guy hollering at the distributor. "JUST SEND ME AMMO, I DON'T CARE WHAT KIND"
    accessbob likes this.

I was down at Wal-Mart a few weeks back, to my shock the shelves were bare as far as ammo went, EXCEPT for 6 lonely boxes of a brand I have not shot before in .40 S&W, 180gr FMJ Hollow Points, 50rnds per box, $20 a box, limit 3 boxes per customer. I promptly picked up 3 boxes then had my wife run through the line and grab the other 3. Haven't tried them out yet to see how they run but that is the first time since December that I have seen them with ammo., hell it's the first time I've seen any ammo since December.

I've never bought much ammo from Walmart. The first time I live close to a Walmart was well after the online dealers were established.

My preference is to get ammo by the case (I listed my 10 or so favorites on the "Don't buy Ammo From"... thread a few mins ago).

Wally's can't compete with the bulk suppliers' prices. Don't like the small limits at Wally's either. Easier to buy it from their suppliers.... in ONE trip.

Links