10 boxes of .40

10 boxes of .40

This is a discussion on 10 boxes of .40 within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My buddy gave me a call a few hours ago. He was at Fleet Farm near Milwaukee & checked the gun area. There were 10 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 10 boxes of .40

GH [OP]

10 boxes of .40

My buddy gave me a call a few hours ago. He was at Fleet Farm near Milwaukee & checked the gun area. There were 10 boxes of Winchester White Box on the shelves! He bought them all & 2 are mine. Now I'll have some ammo to test fire my new M&P 40C whenever it gets here. I was starting to get worried because I only have 200 rounds of practice ammo left & I feel that's not enough to put a new gun through its paces. He paid $20 for each 50 round box. I would have preferred American Eagle but beggars can't be choosers. The clerk told him ammo deliveries are still spotty.

There were no .22 cal, shotgun, 9MM or .38 special or any other common round on the shelves.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

No disrespect intended but your buddy is exactly why you and I can't find ammo - "he bought it all". In normal times would he have done that? Probably not. How many others out there buy it all?Normally five people would have probably bought two boxes each. Now three folks will do without. We are our own worst enemy.

Sorry for the rant.
    Crowman and Fisher10 like this.

He bought it ALL....He bought 500 rounds of practice ammo. Thats not even a day at the range.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Glad you found some ammo, go have fun!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

What is needed is the dealers/gun stores, etc., need to do what Wal-Mart does.... Limit the sales to 3 boxes that way at least more people have a chance of getting some...... They do not have to worry about not selling there supply because in these times they most certainly sell out..........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

There were 3 100 round boxes of .40 cal Winchester White Box at the Farm and Fleet in Rice Lake tonight when I was there if anyone lives up here. Didn't need it and figured someone else would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by contented View Post
    No disrespect intended but your buddy is exactly why you and I can't find ammo - "he bought it all". In normal times would he have done that? Probably not. How many others out there buy it all?Normally five people would have probably bought two boxes each. Now three folks will do without. We are our own worst enemy.

Sorry for the rant.

people can buy what they want, however many they want, and when they find it. its your luck if you find some. if your mad and want ammo then get out and go look the ammo is not going to come to you
    ksholder likes this.

Gallardo, ease up already. I think you missed my point.

I do go out, find and then buy ammo, lots of it actually. Like the friend and probably you, I'm part of the ammo shortage problem. I used to buy a 100 rnd box of wwb at Wally. Shoot it, stop and buy another box on the way home from the range. Repeat process every two weeks. Over the last three months I have amassed a stockpile (at reasonable prices) that will last for years. Think about how many of us do that and now you know why ammo is hard to find and expensive. I finally decided I have enough, let someone else hoard it or try to make a buck. Been to Wally recently, saw ammo that i use on the shelves, and didn't buy. I assume the next guy bought it all. :-)

If all of us would return to our old ammo buying habits (and I like to think I finally have) it would reappear on store shelves almost overnight.

Shoot a couple for me.......
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

My goal is to have the supplies on hand to be able to load 5000 rounds of .40S&W at any time. I'm about half way there..;)

The Farm and Fleet near me limits sales to 4 boxes per customer.

I have always bought 5-10 boxes no different now. If I can find it. Thats a day at the range. But most places limit me to 3-4 boxes of each caliber

I picked up 2 boxs of American
    Eagle 9 mm today for 18 bucks each and they had alot more, the shortage must be getting better, although they didnt have any SD ammo at all just fmj
    Gun control, the ability to hit your target

Quote Originally Posted by michael57231 View Post
    I picked up 2 boxs of American
    Eagle 9 mm today for 18 bucks each and they had alot more, the shortage must be getting better, although they didnt have any SD ammo at all just fmj
    That may be a good sign. Around here if you can ever find any it's usually carry/duty ammo, not FMJ. But I see the big online vendors are starting to get 9mm back.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

You know guys--for the most part, I've been holding off buying ammo/components for the time being; I kinda saw this coming, and started stocking up last year when prices were low, and supply plentiful.

However, that doesn't mean if I find a good deal on ammo, or primers, or bullets, I won't buy 'em, and buy 'em deep...because, for the most part--it won't gonna get (much) cheaper. Yes, the speculators will eventually find something else when supply catches up and ammo isn't as profitable as it once was...but the actual "in store" price ain't ever gonna go down.

Don't blame someone for buying ten boxes because he found them at a normal price.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links