Let the gouging begin!

Let the gouging begin!

This is a discussion on Let the gouging begin! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I see where a well-known armorer in Virginia is now selling PRV ammo for $35 per 50 round box. This ammo was $11 last summer. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Let the gouging begin!

Distinguished Member

Let the gouging begin!

I see where a well-known armorer in Virginia is now selling PRV ammo for $35 per 50 round box. This ammo was $11 last summer. Sleep well, my friends.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Where have you been man that's cheaper than some places are charging

Let the gouging begin!

You came to the party late... It's been horrific for months............
    Fisher10 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

$35 for a 50 round box isn't too bad by today's new price gouging standards. I have enough ammo to last a good while, so I'm not going to buy any more until prices become more normal again, not that I expect them to completely go back to pre-panic levels.

$35 for 50 is gouged, but sadly isn't the worst. Today I got a box of Tula (all they had) at Wally World for $11, CTD sells that same box for $59.99, and theirs still smells like burning diapers when fired just like mine will.
    Fisher10, Cheesewiz and DallasCMT like this.

I nearly passed on some American Eagle 9mm that was $20/50. That's twice what it cost a year ago. But...in the end I caved and picked up five boxes. Felt a little stupid but I was headed to the range and wanted to keep my reserve up around the 1k mark.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Lesson learned: Should have stocked up and have had ample supply to carry you through times like this.

It happened to me once when I first got into guns and vowed it would never happen to me again. I've not had a need to buy anything gun related since 2007.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I still have Remington .22 LR 50 round boxes that I paid .$0.70 per box in 1977, .38 special that I paid .$3.49 per 50 rnd box, and thousands of rounds of .40 cal that I paid $6.99 per 50 round box in 1990/91, but I am one of those nasty hoarders but today's prices has no effect on my shooting whatsoever. I must admit that I did participate in a group ammo buy in july 2012 and bought a large amount of domestic and foreign surplus military rifle ammo, but have bought no ammo since. . I made a mistake on the .22LR ammo many years ago, I dumped most of it, with the exception of 20 boxes, into .50 cal ammo cans for ease of storage and threw the cardboard boxes away....
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Lesson learned: Should have stocked up and have had ample supply to carry you through times like this.
    What is your idea of an ample stock? Without any extra practice I go through about 3000 rounds a season just for match ammo. Some of us do not have endless supplies of money for buying pallets of ammo on speculation.
    Cheesewiz and rugerista like this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Just saw this ...What a deal ....

22LR Ammo Lapua 40gr Midas Plus 500 Rounds-A Brick of 22LR ....

Our Price:
    $249.99
    SKU:
    Brand:
    Lapua
    Current Stock:

Ammunition Store.com

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    And if the ammo is not costing him more, that is a big rip. But do we know what he has to pay for it now, to put in his store and make available to us. His cost go up too, so his profit margin could still be the same as when he was selling it for 11.00 a box.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

There is no way I am going to pay $60/box of 9mm target ammo. Just let their inventory build up and the prices will come down.

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    What is your idea of an ample stock? Without any extra practice I go through about 3000 rounds a season just for match ammo. Some of us do not have endless supplies of money for buying pallets of ammo on speculation.
    No offense but try cutting the cable, cell phone, vacations, and other non esential spending. Personally I feel one should have a 3 year ammo supply on hand at a minimum to get through situations like this or more importanly A true SHTF situation.

You guys that have not prepared with proper ammo supplys will likely be complaining when food shortages hit and the grocery store is gouging for that bag a beans and rice. Stock up now. A 50 lb bag a rice can be had for $20. You will really be compaining when you go a few days without eating. I challage all to go on a three day hunger strike and then think about proper food storage.

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    I see where a well-known armorer in Virginia is now selling PRV ammo for $35 per 50 round box. This ammo was $11 last summer. Sleep well, my friends.
    I do. I don't purchase at those rates. Works for me. And it apparently works for those who are prepared to pay such prices. Everyone's happy. Except, of course, those who didn't see it all coming and who have burned through the stash to the point of needing much more.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I am one of those people who doesn't have any ammo. Well about 100 rounds or each of my guns. But I am new to shooting and had no reason to buy 9mm ammo before about a month ago when I bought my weapon. That said, I will keep my 100 rounds and not pay these prices either. I am a very patient person.

I HATE WAITING.
    Oldpsufan likes this.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links