Ammo at Wal Mart

Ammo at Wal Mart

This is a discussion on Ammo at Wal Mart within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went by Wal Mart an hour or so ago to pick up a roll of duct tape. Decided to swing by the gun counter, and ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By DonnieD
  • 4 Post By Phaedrus

Thread: Ammo at Wal Mart

Ammo at Wal Mart

Went by Wal Mart an hour or so ago to pick up a roll of duct tape. Decided to swing by the gun counter, and lo and behold, they actually had some ammo. Not a great amount, mind you, but at least about 3 times what they have been having. And actually had some .22. First time I have seen .22 in the case since the week after Christmas. Ended up picking up a 325 box of CCI .22 LR.
    Hope this is a good sign.
    Donnie D
    Cheesewiz and Dsbjax like this.
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

Yesterday I bought three boxes of 9mm 100 rounds Winchester 115FMJ at the local WalMart. No 22 ammo but I was surprised to see ten boxes of 9mm in the case after months of nothing.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

That is a good sign :)

Found some Tul-Ammo. Not excited about shooting it, but Wally-world had 9mm at something like 22 cents a round and 40 cal a little more expensive. Can't argue with that. Just sad my wife wasn't with me so we could have picked up both boxes of .40 for my gun and 3 boxes of 9mm for hers.

The local Wally World had a few boxes of WWB .45 ACP tonite. Good price, too. I passed though- I have at least 1200 rounds on hand. Might as well let the next guy have it.
    CSL, Remy, DallasCMT and 1 others like this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I've been seeing more and more ammo at my local WalMart as well. Scored 500 rounds of .45 WWB and 300 rounds of 9mm last week. Oh yea, and some 5.56 Independence as well.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I stopped by my local Walmart at 10am yesterday. There were 3 lonely boxes of Winchester 5.56 FMJ target ammo on the shelf. They are now lounging with lots of their cousins in my ammo stash. Normally, the AR-15 and 9mm ammo never get onto the shelves at the 7am stocking time. There is usually a long line waiting and the ammo is sold out in about 15 minutes.

Distinguished Member Array miller_man's Avatar
    These threads always convince me to check my local wally world, nothing but empty shelves still here. But I won't complain, been able to get ammo when I need it by going to sportmans wharehouse on there delivery day.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I went in to Wal-Mart killing time & got 200rds of WW .40 & 50rds of .357sig the other day!

I didn't need them but they looked like they needed a good home!
    G17,G19C,G21,G22c,G22RTF2/Gills,G26,G31,G32
    Colt Python 6'' .357mag & 4'' Trooper

NRA Pistol Instructor
    SC CWP Instructor

I was doing pretty good at Walmart last month but April has been pretty lousy for me. The new Cabelas near me (Louisville) has been awesome though. 7.62x39 every day. 22lr usually in the mornings, and 5.56 almost every day at 50 cents. not pre December or Walmart prices there but not far off. $8 for 100rds CCI mini mags. $7 for 20rds 7.62x39. and $10 for 20rds Fed M193, Independence, or PMC 5.56/223.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Our local Wal-Marts will not sell ammo from 22:00 to 06:00; my fat middle aged gut might be hiding a gang-banger.
    Since I'm currently working 2nd shift, when I get off I swing by the local Wally’s and see if there is a reason to set my alarm for 0500. Sometimes there is.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Ours has had two shipments within the last week. It's starting to pick up a bit.

Maybe my summer won't be shot after all.

VIP Member
    None here in S. Dayton. Went this evening and the shelves continue to look like Russian bread shelves during the cold war. However, they did have a sign out that said they did have it, but are now all sold out and to check back tomorrow.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

I swung by the sporting goods counter @ WW last Thursday. The ammo shelves were empty except for some Remington .270 rifle ammo and some odd ball 12 gauge bird shot ammo. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    Our local Wal-Marts will not sell ammo from 22:00 to 06:00; my fat middle aged gut might be hiding a gang-banger.
    Since I'm currently working 2nd shift, when I get off I swing by the local Wally’s and see if there is a reason to set my alarm for 0500. Sometimes there is.
    mine won't either.

Sponsored Links