Bass Pro Shops Ammo

This is a discussion on Bass Pro Shops Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My girlfriend and I went shopping today. We live about 15 miles from a Bass Pro Shops store. I decided to go into the store ...

Thread: Bass Pro Shops Ammo

Bass Pro Shops Ammo

My girlfriend and I went shopping today. We live about 15 miles from a Bass Pro Shops store. I decided to go into the store and see if I could find anything I like. I usually do not like the big stores to do shopping, plus it is a pain to get in and out of the complex in which it is located. I had never been in this store before and it is a big store, two floors. I found some clothing and then went to check on ammo. It is to bad I do not own a 12 gauge shotgun, the store had massive amounts on hand.

One of the employees came over and asked if he could help us. I said I was looking for .40 cal ammo. He said "I have some behind the counter". I went to the counter and he showed me a box of 50 American Eagle FMJ. The price was $22.00. I thought it was kind of high, however in these times maybe it was not to bad. He then said to me "I can only sell you one box". I said you are kidding me? He said no it was the policy. I have read where Walmart limits 3 boxes per day, but I have never heard of being just able to buy one box at a time. It is not like it is right around the corner. I'm just wondering if I should have bought it or not. I did not buy it. I was a bit agitated that I could not buy more than one box. Anyone else bought ammo there recently and had the same experience? I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this, please Mods feel free to move if necessary.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

2. Remove Ads

These days, most stores have limits on ammo per purchase, and it is what it is. At least they had some... unlike WalMart, who seems to be sold out 8 minutes after the latest shipment arrives. Or the small, mom+pop gun shops who lack the buying power of the huge retailers.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

It's like that all over. The Bass Pro near me is out of all handgun ammunition and has a similar policy for when the shipments come in.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

My local Bass Pro has no limits. That means some guys stand in line for the store to open each day and buy it all up within the first couple of minutes. They then sell it that weekend at the gun show for 2 - 3 times that price. I don't live very far from th estore, so I would appreciate them having a one-box limit. It just depends, I guess...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The Bass Pro in Ft. L. had just stacked a rack with 9mm last time I was there, limit of three.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links