Ammo back on shelves, locally.

This is a discussion on Ammo back on shelves, locally. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some, anyway. While in a Dick's today, saw large ammounts of .30-06, 7mm-08, .308 and .270... not much of a range, but a vast improvement ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ammo back on shelves, locally.

Ammo back on shelves, locally.

Some, anyway. While in a Dick's today, saw large ammounts of .30-06, 7mm-08, .308 and .270... not much of a range, but a vast improvement over just a few weeks ago, where the only ammo they had on the shelves was .204 Ruger and 7.62x54R.

Maybe we're over the ammo-hump? And with the Senate killing the gun bill, maybe folks are panic-buying a bit less?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Glad to hear things are better in Florida. I haven't seen the same here in Memphis but I haven't shopped much lately. I am waiting until the online stores start to have inventory and the prices go down. Then I will know we are over the hump.
    103FLHX likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

mm maybe. Not to keen on trying ammo-shopping online, myself. Not sure why, I just dont shop much of anything online, really.
    I hope all this settles down soon. I'm down to the 2 magazines full for my .45, and about enough for 1 more mag load.
    Have'nt seen a single box of ANYTHING in .45 , locally, in nearly 4 months.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I buy most everything online. Everything. I buy it and they deliver it to my house. Amazon is my friend. Too bad they don't sell ammo. I have Amazon Prime so I don't pay shipping and their prices will beat just about anybody on anything, except ammo.

I am curious to know if the internet sales tax thing gets passed how that will affect people like me.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

+1 about Amazon, prime is worth the price considering the cost of shipping these days. Plenty of shells to feed the shotguns locally, but that is about the only consistent supply. Went shopping for .22 LR, .22 Mag, .380, and 9mm today. 9 mil is running $35 + for 25 rounds, not paying that. .380 is still non-existent so is .22 LR. Found a good buy on Federal .22 Magnums FMJ, $11 per 50 rounds (way up from the 6 bucks I used to pay, but last month they were going for 30 bucks a box) bought 5 boxes. At least my NAA does not need to be on a diet, I'm starting to re-think my not reloading for ACP rounds.

Lets hope I still have a hard time finding anything in my parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinus View Post
    Some, anyway. While in a Dick's today, saw large ammounts of .30-06, 7mm-08, .308 and .270... not much of a range, but a vast improvement over just a few weeks ago, where the only ammo they had on the shelves was .204 Ruger and 7.62x54R.

Maybe we're over the ammo-hump? And with the Senate killing the gun bill, maybe folks are panic-buying a bit less?
    Where in Florida? Scoured Sarasota/Venice yesterday and came up dry...on every caliber!

Was in Walmart Friday and they had WWB in 38, 45 and 40. They had 9mm Tula and Tula brass. 5.56 and 223 several good brands, plus many popular center rifle rounds, shotgun shells and even a box of 22lr. This is lot different from their normal empty shelves. I did not need anything but 9mm and I don't need that bad enough to buy Tula so I left it on the shelf for someone that needed more than I do.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    That's why I don't see ammo, not looking at 1 A.M.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

VIP Member
    I don't think we are out of it yet but tax refund season is winding down so the refund money has been spent. Now with summer coming the gas prices seem to be rising so that hits the wallet. I think by the time deer hunting season starts ( in the fall ) we should be good to go!
    Wreckr likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I just bought two boxes of 40 at my local Walmart for $19.37.

Montana never got really bad. The prices never went up. If you were willing to road trip the next town over usually had fully stocked shelves. One town's store actually had a pallet of 9mm.

I guess it depends on where your at. However Wyoming seemed to be gouging really bad! $30 for 40 FMJ.

Not too worried about 22 ammo. I don't shoot it too much and I have a brick left over from last year.

Not sure why the panic buying happened in the first place. You'll always be able to buy ammo. How about we don't shoot ourselves in the foot next time. 2008 was bad enough!

In God and Glock we Trust

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Went to Wall-Mart today (11:00 A.M.)
    handgun ammo: a couple boxes of 44 mag and a couple boxes of 357 Sig (FMJ).
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    I buy most everything online. Everything. I buy it and they deliver it to my house. Amazon is my friend. Too bad they don't sell ammo. I have Amazon Prime so I don't pay shipping and their prices will beat just about anybody on anything, except ammo.

I am curious to know if the internet sales tax thing gets passed how that will affect people like me.
    Quite a bit
    NRA member
    2 pistols, 3 calibers.

Last Sunday my local gun store in San Jose, CA had .22LR. It was a Federal hollow point 525 pack for $75. (Blue box). I bought one. Cheaper than shooting my 9mm or 40.
    NRA member
    2 pistols, 3 calibers.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I was in my local wally worlds (2 of them) over the weekend they were out of everything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links