Shelves Overflowing at WalMart...

This is a discussion on Shelves Overflowing at WalMart... within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...as long as all you want is .270, 7mm, or .300 WinMag. Man, if someone were to release an affordable, quality black rifle in one ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Shelves Overflowing at WalMart...

...as long as all you want is .270, 7mm, or .300 WinMag.

Man, if someone were to release an affordable, quality black rifle in one of these calibers right now, they'd sell like hotcakes just 'cause of ammo availability!
    Blackheart6 likes this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

VIP Member
    A .300 WinMag AR...nah, I would pass.
    NH_Esau and msgt/ret like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    A .300 WinMag AR...nah, I would pass.
    Where's your sense of adventure? A steel upper and lower, upgraded buffer spring, and you'd be in business. Make sure to spec it with a scope with under 1" of eye relief, and to post the test on Youtube.
    Hopyard and StripesDude like this.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post

Man, if someone were to release an affordable, quality black rifle in one of these calibers right now, they'd sell like hotcakes just 'cause of ammo availability!
    I've seen 300 Win Mag AR's for sale recently, but I don't know if you'd consider them affordable...

I just bought two boxes of 40 on Saturday at Walmart. Then a box in Wyo two weeks ago.

Not going crazy with buying, I'm only up to four boxes total.

Supply is getting better!

In God and Glock we Trust

I was in Wally world about two weeks ago. Saw quite a few boxes of 410 and two boxes of 9mm. try again next week. Also I might step into Academy when they open just to see if they have any cheap(HAH!) .40S&W.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    The walmart near me had 270,and 7mm.I was hoping to maybe find some 223's.I should have known better.At least they had a couple of boxes of 45 cal fmj's.It's going to be sometime before the shelves,looked like they use to,once upon a time,if that ever happens again.

VIP Member
    Don't forget 12 ga and 20 ga shells...lots and lots of that (at least in my neck of the woods).
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Visited two Walmart's this weekend and scored in both. One had 9mm and 5.56, the other had .40 S&W and .45. Also went to the Tanner gun show in Denver late Sunday afternoon to see if they had anything. The was actually quite a bit still left in most handgun calibers and tons of .223 and .556 if you wanted to pay at least $1 per round. Seems like ammo is becoming more available.

My local Walmart has nothing except for a few hunting calibers (center fire, no rimfire of any kind), but my favorite LGS is steadily getting a better inventory of many things, including 9mm, 40, 45, 308, and 223. They're low right now on primers and some handgun powders, but they're getting in enough that it doesn't get gone the day it arrives.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    Where's your sense of adventure? A steel upper and lower, upgraded buffer spring, and you'd be in business. Make sure to spec it with a scope with under 1" of eye relief, and to post the test on Youtube.
    Youtube video still wouldn't be as good as the guys shooting the TRex, or the classic one with the girl getting popped on the noggin by a Desert Eagle that she's holding too close to her head....

Still see lots of (insert favorite expletive here) people selling ammo on armslist and such for retarded prices. I am convinced that the workers of these Wal-Mart stores have a deal with their buddies, they tip them off to when the ammo gets in and put it back for them, then they buy it, sell it, and split the profits. I can't find el squat at my Wal-Marts and got tired of looking. I spend more in gas LOOKING for ammo at a good price than just buying it at higher prices other places that I know HAVE it. Pisses me off, but what can I do? (already voted, lot of good that did me)
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

My local Walmarts basically mirror the OPs description. My Academies are similar, except they also have tons of 10mm and 327 Federal Mag, I'm almost tempted to buy a G29!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post

I looked hard at going with something in a 270WM. I realy like that round. It would be killer in a AR platform but from what I have read the whole cartidge iss just too large to feasably work in even
    long action AR. If I find a good deal on a savage 110 or Rem. 700 I may just have to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    My local Walmarts basically mirror the OPs description. My Academies are similar, except they also have tons of 10mm and 327 Federal Mag, I'm almost tempted to buy a G29!
    During this panic I'm glad I owned a Glock 20sf 10mm.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links