Winchester PDX1 40 S&W 180 Grain Test

This is a discussion on Winchester PDX1 40 S&W 180 Grain Test within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not really what I was expecting from this bonded bullet. Blog: Pocket Guns and Gear: Winchester Bonded PDX1 40 S&W 180 Grain JHP Clear Gel ...

Thread: Winchester PDX1 40 S&W 180 Grain test

Winchester PDX1 40 S&W 180 Grain test

Not really what I was expecting from this bonded bullet.

Blog:
    Pocket Guns and Gear: Winchester Bonded PDX1 40 S&W 180 Grain JHP Clear Gel test

Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

2. Remove Ads

I've tested quite a few PDXs (in 9mm and .45ACP) in the not-too-distant past and have yet to see the sort of separation that you got. Your results make me wonder if they've changed their manufacturing process in some way (to expedite production in light of the greatly increased demand for ammo these days) and this is the result.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

Quote Originally Posted by 481 View Post
    I've tested quite a few PDXs (in 9mm and .45ACP) in the not-too-distant past and have yet to see the sort of separation that you got. Your results make me wonder if they've changed their manufacturing process in some way (to expedite production in light of the greatly increased demand for ammo these days) and this is the result.
    I wasn't going to contact Winchester about it. I have not contacted any ammo makers since long before the first drought even though I've seen some really ugly rounds in the last 7 years. That's probably because I've been shooting a whole bunch more in that time and handling more ammo. I'm not going to get all hung up on 1 bullet crushed brass due to improper bullet seating out of a case of 1000 rounds. It does bother me that the maker doesn't catch it before it's packed.

I finally caved to viewer/reader pressure and sent a note to Winchester Friday afternoon with all the documentation and link to the ammo test recap. We'll see what they come back with as an answer.
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Subs

The FBI is using it so it must be good overall.

In God and Glock we Trust

Links