After a couple of weeks of Walmart ammo runs...

This is a discussion on After a couple of weeks of Walmart ammo runs... within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm beginning to see an interesting pattern here. I have gone to the store every morning at 7am, when the ammo is brought out from ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: After a couple of weeks of Walmart ammo runs...

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar

I'm beginning to see an interesting pattern here. I have gone to the store every morning at 7am, when the ammo is brought out from the back and ready to be stocked on the shelves.

On days that there is NO shipment, there are about 3 of us waiting at 7am. On days when there ARE shipments, there is a line of 15 or 20 people. Many have been in line since 6am or earlier. This is consistent.

When I see a long line of people, I frequently ask those in front if they knew in advance that there would be a shipment and I get an answer kinda like this: "uh, no, I didn't know". No eye contact...

Does anyone here on this forum know of a way to learn in advance that ammo will be available on any particular morning? Not looking for a conspiracy, just looking for a way the public can learn of ammo shipments. I don't see anyone getting any more than the max allowable 3 boxes, but there are so many more people in line on days that there are good shipments.

I don't know if there's any truth to it or not, but the saleslady in a local W-M told me outright that they get most of their ammo in on Mondays and Tuesdays. I have noticed that on the rare occasions I've seen anything new in the ammo case lately, it's been early in the week.

This morning (Tuesday) before lunch, I went by and they had a few boxes of handgun ammo - first time I've seen ANY there in weeks. They had some .380, .40, and .45; maybe 6 or 8 boxes of each. I snagged my 3-box limit to replace what I burned up over the weekend.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

We have a college kid here in town that supposedly downloaded a Walmart app to his phone. When they scan a particular item into stock he gets an alert. This is how he supports his college lifestyle. Personally Ill be glad when school is out and he goes home.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Actually, I know for a fact that a gentleman in the sporting goods section of my local walmart has several 'good customers' (his words) that he texts/calls to inform when there's certain ammo in. He flat out admitted it.

I can only imagine people offer a few bucks for the tip, or just become buddy buddy with them.

Another time there was a younger guy working the ammo counter, and the guy before me snagged up the 'last' of the 9mm. They had some .22lr that I was going to get instead, and after asking 2-3 times if he was SURE there wasn't any more 9mm in the back (since it 'just got in') he reluctantly pulled out one more 100 round box from under the cash register. Who knows who/why he was hiding it. (He previously admitted he doesn't shoot.)

I'm sure Walmart employees share that knowledge with friends & family, etc... And, it then gets passed on from there.
    darbo likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Wow, I gave up on Walmart a long time ago. I am too lazy to get up that early just to see if they will get an ammo delivery. Luckily I stocked up last year after Gabby Giffords was shot. One of the benefits of age is the knowledge that history tends to repeat itself.
    NH_Esau, JDE101 and jem102 like this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

VIP Member
    I just came from Walmart (had to replace a broken gate lock).

Sure enough there was a stack of 230gr WWB 45ACP on the shelf! I'm now 300 rnds richer.

I've seen no consistent pattern of what and when it will be out. I just always cruise past the ammo shelves whenever I'm over there.

there is an app you can download, but a fifty in the pocket of the ammo stocker works wonders.... I know a few people who give the ammo guys 50 bucks a to set aside store limits on ammo for them......
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

There is a local closed Facebook group I'm a part of that's a gun trader group. There's one guy on there who apparently works at a Walmart in Tampa that posts when a certain store gets a shipment. It's about 45 min from me, I've never gone to check it out, but he seems to post consistently when they get a shipment.

As far as my local Walmarts, I've all but given up. I can't get there very early due to the kids bus runs. Every time I set foot in a Walmart I swing by the ammo case, just to check, but I've had no luck - I won't make a special trip anymore though - it's too bad for my blood pressure.
    Darrow75, JDE101 and DallasCMT like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "I have gone to the store every morning at 7am,..."

Well now. No wonder there's no ammo when I get there every morning at 7:30.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I just left Willie's Bait and Tackle in Lake Park Fl, he had just received a case of 9MM, he also has a large assortment of rifle ammo. There was also a Colt AR15 Match heavy barrel, Timney trigger and other upgrades in the showcase along with a Mac 10 with accessories.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "I have gone to the store every morning at 7am,..."

Well now. No wonder there's no ammo when I get there every morning at 7:30.
    Yeah, when they DO get a shipment, it's gone by 7:20 as a rule. I have only been able to buy on a couple of occasions.

I live in a rural area and Walmart is a 20 mile drive for me. There is a country store near-by that sells some ammo. The proprietor told me the other day that she has been able to get one brick ( 10 x 50 round boxes ) of economy type 22 LR ammo so far this year. Her cost was $80 plus tax. She was going to sell each 50 round box for $9 plus tax. After thinking it over, she decided to just keep it for herself.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Our Walmart will tell anyone who asks what is coming in on the next shipment. They've got a spreadsheet to look it up on, so no big secret. Your's probably has a list too, they just don't share the info freely.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    This is what this ammo "crisis" has come too. So many people, unprepared and willing to spend their life savings for a box or two, has caused other people, who never needed ammo in larger quantities, to patrol the stores and buy it all up then resell it for the stupid prices the idiots will pay.
    DallasCMT likes this.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links