Buckle up ladies and Gents its going to be a Bumpy Ride

This is a discussion on Buckle up ladies and Gents its going to be a Bumpy Ride within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Time to put the Big Boy pants on as Mom would say, its gonna be a bumpy ride - I'm always searching for information , ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Buckle up ladies and Gents its going to be a Bumpy Ride

Buckle up ladies and Gents its going to be a Bumpy Ride

Time to put the Big Boy pants on as Mom would say, its gonna be a bumpy ride- I'm always searching for information , trying to digest it all and came upon this which I tend to agree with.

photo-5_zps10b940b9.jpg

So at least in this area I tend to agree its going to be more of this for the rest of the year ....

gone_zps6d75ae39.jpg

All I know is, someplace or many places there is a Hell of an amount of Ammo , OK I have a small amount, but I cant shoot as much that's for sure. At times I wonder, is it too much ? I mean I could not carry it all, and damn its heavy and takes up room . At what point is it enough ? I mean if tomorrow you could not find any......Oh that is now. Pondering ....

2. Remove Ads

Can you ever really have to much ammo?
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I can see some smart entrepreneur stepping up and filling in the gaps if the major suppliers dont take advantage of it.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    That is the million dollar question .....No, Yes, Maybe .....

Distinguished Member
    All the ammo in the world wont help you unless you have some training to go with it. Quantity doesn't make you a good or better shooter.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewiz View Post
    Time to put the Big Boy pants on as Mom would say, its gonna be a bumpy ride- I'm always searching for information , trying to digest it all and came upon this which I tend to agree with.

photo-5_zps10b940b9.jpg

So at least in this area I tend to agree its going to be more of this for the rest of the year ....

gone_zps6d75ae39.jpg

All I know is, someplace or many places there is a Hell of an amount of Ammo , OK I have a small amount, but I cant shoot as much that's for sure. At times I wonder, is it too much ? I mean I could not carry it all, and damn its heavy and takes up room . At what point is it enough ? I mean if tomorrow you could not find any......Oh that is now. Pondering ....
    It's going to guys like me. Six months ago I had no ammo at all and hadn't fired any weapon in 10 years. Now I've got 800 rounds stored up and have probably gone through 1200-1500 rounds over the past few months. Multiply that by millions of other guys like me and you can easily see where the ammo is going, particularly if the big manufacturers are not investing in new capacity.
    SCXDm9 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    But quanity allows you practice and train. I just wish I could find components for my new guns.
    Cheesewiz likes this.

If you can stay where your ammo is you can never have enough. If you have to bug out - how much can you take with you?
    Badey likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Same as asking, "Can you ever really have too much money?"

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    "thebucketeer"

"...eer" sounds suspiciously like a group of folks I know that try to stir things up.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    If you can stay where your ammo is you can never have enough. If you have to bug out - how much can you take with you?

My home is my Alamo.

Every man and boy that held a gun or was of fighting age died at the Alamo.. only some women and children were left alive..

I never intend for my home to be my own personal Alamo. Survival doesn't mean i need to bunker down and die.
    ConditionZero likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    Every man and boy that held a gun or was of fighting age died at the Alamo.. only some women and children were left alive..

I never intend for my home to be my own personal Alamo. Survival doesn't mean i need to bunker down and die.
    Yeah, most of us are familiar with the history of the Alamo, hence the reference.

Getting back to the subject of ammo, this truly is a micro-example of what we really could be in for. I'm giving some serious thought to black-powder guns. Some folks would probably think that is extreme, but they are the same ones that thought we were silly to stockpile ammo when there was no shortage.
    blitzburgh and NONAME762 like this.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I can see some smart entrepreneur stepping up and filling in the gaps if the major suppliers dont take advantage of it.
    It appears that importation of ammo is increasing, my LGS had an assortment of Tula, Wolf, Junior and Cavin ammo and all were overpriced. Most customers, while I was there, looked over the ammo and limited number of guns, laughed and moved on.
    How about S&W Shield for $549 which is about $100 over MSRP.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

If you are on fire or swimming in deep water too much could prove to be dangerous.
    thebucketeer and msgt/ret like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links