40 s&w brass

40 s&w brass

This is a discussion on 40 s&w brass within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have roughly 700 to 730 or so pieces of 40 s&w brass. This is once fired range pick up. I was curious as to ...

Thread: 40 s&w brass

40 s&w brass

I have roughly 700 to 730 or so pieces of 40 s&w brass. This is once fired range pick up. I was curious as to what it would be worth with todays prices. I have a friend at work that wants to buy it. I told him to shoot me an offer and he said $50. Its not doing me any good since I dont have a 40. Would this be a fair price. I dont want to gouge anyone but it should be worth something. Thanks for the time.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    If its not cleaned and deprimed I would say that sounds like a fair price. I lost quite a bit of my .40 brass due to my Kel Tec Sub 2000 flinging it into the next county LOL!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    If its not cleaned and deprimed I would say that sounds like a fair price. I lost quite a bit of my .40 brass due to my Kel Tec Sub 2000 flinging it into the next county LOL!
    Flinging into the next county thats funny right there. Thanks for the reply. He was happy and so was I. Now to go look for some 9mm reloadin supplies and some mags for my m&p 9c.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    If you don't end up selling it to your buddy, you can try swapping it for other brass.

lets trade some brass

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    New starline is $85 for 500, so 700ish once-fired cases for $50 is reasonable. I imagine some will have to be culled.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links