Selling ammo at gun club garage sale

This is a discussion on Selling ammo at gun club garage sale within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My gun club had a local garage sale. I set up a table to sell some stuff and disappointingly, very few things sold. I would ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ExactlyMyPoint

Thread: Selling ammo at gun club garage sale

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Selling ammo at gun club garage sale

My gun club had a local garage sale. I set up a table to sell some stuff and disappointingly, very few things sold. I would have thought my conversion kits would have gone quickly, but all I got rid of was some unused holsters at pennies on the dollar....

But I digress....

There was a guy there who was gouging....I mean selling ammo. He had a wide range of calibers. He was selling a block of 525 Federal .22lr for $35/box. He had boxes of 9mm UMC 250 rounds. No price. The conversation went something like this:

Me: How much for the UMC 9mm?

Him: How much do you want to spend?

Me: Well, in the "before time" it was selling for $55

Him: Make me an offer.

Me: OK, $55

Him: No

Me: OK, $60.

Him: No

Me: Well, how much do you want?

Him: Make me an offer

Me: I just made you two. You rejected them both. Tell me what you want to sell them for.

Him: How much do you want to spend?

Wash/rinse/repeat

How do you deal with someone like that except just walk away and shake your head?

I learned that he ultimately sold his boxes for $100/each. Way more than I wanted to spend, but if he had just said that to start with, I wouldn't have had to call my psychotherapist.
    Christopher67 likes this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

They guy certainly wouldn't cut it as a salesman, but that said 40 cents per round is on the lower end of the going rate for 9mm these days.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Will wait till price go down or i will just shoot .40 seem to find it regulary
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

While certainly a bit high, his price was not at the level of gouging. However, I agree he could have been a bit more forthcoming with information about pricing. It would have been nice to know upfront what he wanted to get for them and then you could have moved on, no psychotherapist needed.

Links