Palmetto armory has 9mm blazer for 17.99 50 rds

This is a discussion on Palmetto armory has 9mm blazer for 17.99 50 rds within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just bought 10 boxes of 9 mm at 17.99 50 rds Palmetto armory online...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Palmetto armory has 9mm blazer for 17.99 50 rds

Palmetto armory has 9mm blazer for 17.99 50 rds

Just bought 10 boxes of 9 mm at 17.99 50 rds Palmetto armory online

2. Remove Ads

It's starting to show up more and more places... finally.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

That's about $5-7 per box too expensive.
    Fisher10, Nmuskier and SCXDm9 like this.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Congrats, you got ripped off.

Are you desperate for 9mm or just unaware this is a terrible price? I have 9mm ammo that I paid $8.99 for in late 2011.

Before Sandy Hook a box of 9mm was going for $10-12. Give it a few months and prices should come back down.
    Nmuskier and ANGLICO like this.

I ordered 3 boxes last week, they have yet to ship. It is still expensive, but not the outragious prices that's lucky gunner and CTD have been asking. I've ordered from cabelas and midway, both with excellent turn around time.

17.99 is only 3.00 more than walmart and its hit or miss there. Quoting 2011 prices kind of strange maybe I should wait till I can buy a house for 20,000 like I did in 1969. I like to go to the range couple of times a week I am happy with 17.99 right now.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    That's high by about seven dollars a box.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

At least the prices are starting to come down from the stratosphere.
    lokalmotive likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Phaedrus's Avatar
    FWIW I like Blazer aluminum ammo. While I do reload sometimes I like to blaze away and not have to worry about picking up the casings, or I'm shooting somewhere that I'm bound to lose a bunch of them. With brass I'm always obsessed with not missing any but with the Blazer stuff I do have to mess with it.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

For the folks that want to quote 9 mm Wal-Mart pricing, I just left from my local WM and bought two 50 count boxes of Winchester White Box FMJ for $13.27 and one 100 count box of the same stuff for $24.47. Yes it's hit or miss but if you get lucky enough to catch it then it's not horrible. I've seen the 100 count boxes around here for over $35 per box and 50 count boxes for $17 plus. Anything is better than nothing if you plan on actually training with your firearm. It's kind of like the old adage, "You've gotta pay to play".

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Oh btw, that wasn't directed at you Easy8. I just know how some folks on here will try to say what WM is selling everything for to try and make folks feel stupid for buying ammo when they're only buying what they can find. No ill intent meant towards your post. And since I've said that, let me say to the OP that I'm not degrading you in any way. I feel like you did good if you bought what was available to you. $17.99 isn't horrible. Happy shooting!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lokalmotive View Post
    Anything is better than nothing if you plan on actually training with your firearm.
    What if all the hamsters simply stopped running around the wheel? What if, rather than getting excited about being allotted my "3 box maximum", we all just walked past the ammo shelf for a month? Imagine how fast stores would overstock with back orders coming in every day.

"Anything is better than nothing" reminds me of the guy who goes to a bar to meet women, then waits until last call to make a move. Some of us skip the rat race altogether.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I agree with the price being a little high but if the OP is running low and cannot find it locally then that might be about the best price he can find. I feel it is encouraging because that is a lot better price then the $25+ per box of 50 that I have been seeing on gunbot for the last month.

That price is about the same price as my LGS and you don't have to pay for shipping but that is only when they have it and there is a 1 box limit.

I tried... can't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    What if all the hamsters simply stopped running around the wheel? What if, rather than getting excited about being allotted my "3 box maximum", we all just walked past the ammo shelf for a month? Imagine how fast stores would overstock with back orders coming in every day.

"Anything is better than nothing" reminds me of the guy who goes to a bar to meet women, then waits until last call to make a move. Some of us skip the rat race altogether.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    17.99 is only 3.00 more than walmart and its hit or miss there. Quoting 2011 prices kind of strange maybe I should wait till I can buy a house for 20,000 like I did in 1969. I like to go to the range couple of times a week I am happy with 17.99 right now.
    A 100 round box of Federal is just $20-22 at Wal-Mart. If everyone continues to buy at the prices you did then we will never see ammo return to "pre Sand Hook" levels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links