Great Price on 5.56 Green Tip Ammo

This is a discussion on Great Price on 5.56 Green Tip Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Federal Cartridge Lake City 5.56 Green Tip 1,000 Round Can http://tinyurl.com/mwl3v3g Federal Cartridge Lake City 5.56 Green Tip 100 Rounds http://tinyurl.com/jwq8xgr Federal Cartridge Lake City ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Great Price on 5.56 Green Tip Ammo

Great Price on 5.56 Green Tip Ammo

Federal Cartridge Lake City 5.56 Green Tip 1,000 Round Can

http://tinyurl.com/mwl3v3g

Federal Cartridge Lake City 5.56 Green Tip 100 Rounds

http://tinyurl.com/jwq8xgr

Federal Cartridge Lake City 5.56 Green Tip 30 Rounds

http://tinyurl.com/lcfb6vw

2. Remove Ads

The price is way too high. At least they have it in stock. That's progress. Oh well, it doesn't really matter to me since I don't have a 556 rifle. Maybe someday. If I do obtain one at some point, I would hope prices would have come down by then.

Oh, and welcome to DC. Hope to see you post more.

I have a good amount on hand so I don't need them that bad...
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Nice of JRush to register just to post this PSA for us.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I'm getting it for $425 a case. I wouldn't have paid $650 at the height of the shortage.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I would hardly call $0.65. $0.70, and a round a great price. I feel like everyone has currently marked them up this high. Looks like I'll be target shooting the cheap russian steel cased stuff for $0.25 a round for a while. At this rate, it would be cheaper to risk mucking up my internals with the steel and buying replacement parts than spending the price of a budget AR on 1k rounds.

Great price???

pittypat21 and SmokinFool like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Great price???

That was my thought as well. I did choose to be pleasant in my reply, just in case he's legit, but I have my doubts.

An FYI, I have heard that ATK has raised all their prices. Obviously nowhere near that high, but they have gone up a bit. What I used to pay $375 for is now $50 more. Not sure if its the increase, if hats even taken effect yet, or just current climate.

$600+ a case is just nonsense.
    pittypat21 and dukalmighty like this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Sorry if you guys think it's a high price, but it is one of the few places with inventory of it and I think it's a good deal. I've seen this ammo go for $1 or more per round before.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Yea,those prices are a little on the high side.I bought 120rds of the green tips,last week for 65.00,which isn't a great price,but,better than what they were.Prices vary from place to place,thou.

Well, it's in stock JRush, and if someone needs ammo it's a source, and at least you didn't just post and bail. Nice to see you back, and welcome to DC.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member
    While the prices are a bit on the steep side, it's refreshing to actually see LC ammo in stock...
    I'm still not interested in anything north of 45-50 cents/rd.

thanks for the post tho man.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by JRush View Post
    Sorry if you guys think it's a high price, but it is one of the few places with inventory of it and I think it's a good deal. I've seen this ammo go for $1 or more per round before.
    Just for a bit of clarity, may I ask your relationship to the seller? If you simply found the ammo available and genuinely felt the prices were indeed great, and thought you'd pass on this information, that's one thing. If you are somehow associated with the business, that's quite another, and something I would like to know, as a potential customer in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by JRush View Post
    Not in about 6 weeks or so. And only for around 5 months or so at that. SO the prices you saw were only around for a relatively short period of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links