Mini-rant

This is a discussion on Mini-rant within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Locally the ammo situation has gotten a lot better, but I'm scratching my head over some of the online vendors' pricing schemes. Case in point- ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Mini-rant

Wink Mini-rant

Locally the ammo situation has gotten a lot better, but I'm scratching my head over some of the online vendors' pricing schemes. Case in point- WWB 115gr 9mm, 100 round for $78!? Holy smokes! I'd have to be pretty desperate for ammo indeed. Last six boxes of WWB cost me $29 and I grumbled about that price! I could go to Scheel's tomorrow and buy 500 rounds of 115 ball for well under half that.

I suppose it will take 15.25 seconds for another "it's supply and demand, capitalizm roxx" blah blah blah poster to come along. For the record, if they can get someone to pay that more power to 'em. Heck, if you know anyone willing to pay that give 'em my e-mail address and I'll sell 'em all the $75 WWB I have! More I'm just curious if things are really so much better where I live than the national average, and if there's really people willing to pay that somewhere.
    tony1990 likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

2. Remove Ads

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Rant 'On', Rant 'Off'!

The whole ammo thing is stupid right now, but getting better.

Either things are getting better here or my timing is.

Bass Pro has actually had ammo in when I've went there to check and so has WM. Recently had a major score at WM on 5.56.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

In general it is starting to get better. Some sellers are a bit slower to adjust their prices. I don't know if that's because they themselves paid more for it, or if they are just trying to get the highest price they possibly can. Those are the types that bother the excrement out of me, and I will absolutely not do business with those types. There are some sellers that have acted completely reckless during this "shortage" and they are now on my "Do Not Do Business With These People" list, and they will never see any business from me, even after they bring their prices down.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Locally the ammo situation has gotten a lot better, but I'm scratching my head over some of the online vendors' pricing schemes. Case in point- WWB 115gr 9mm, 100 round for $78!? Holy smokes! I'd have to be pretty desperate for ammo indeed. Last six boxes of WWB cost me $29 and I grumbled about that price! I could go to Scheel's tomorrow and buy 500 rounds of 115 ball for well under half that.

I suppose it will take 15.25 seconds for another "it's supply and demand, capitalizm roxx" blah blah blah poster to come along. For the record, if they can get someone to pay that more power to 'em. Heck, if you know anyone willing to pay that give 'em my e-mail address and I'll sell 'em all the $75 WWB I have! More I'm just curious if things are really so much better where I live than the national average, and if there's really people willing to pay that somewhere.
    They're gonna ride the wave until they can't move stuff off of the shelves. End of story. But yeah those people suck.

My last 5 100 round boxes of 9mm were $21 each.
    SCXDm9 likes this.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post

And Sir, where do you shop?

Walmart.

I wrote a review telling them that they are price gouging. The review is now waiting for moderation. Think they will post it on their site?
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16

Walmart.

I wrote a review telling them that they are price gouging. The review is now waiting for moderation. Think they will post it on their site?
    Good! Customer Feedback is very observed at Wallyland.

My wife may be able to help - IM me.

AND - here is a site to look up ammo at Wallyland - Walmart ammo lookup

No, I gave the feedback to the online ammo store that is charging $78.

Help with what?
    SCXDm9 likes this.
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16

Last six boxes of WWB cost me $29 and I grumbled about that price! I could go to Scheel's tomorrow and buy 500 rounds of 115 ball for well under half that.
    $29 is a great price for 6x100 9mm WWB. Half that for 500rds is even better. Scheel's must have your regional distributor in a headlock, or something.

Seriously though, ammo prices only go for what someone's willing to pay. Can't imagine many are willing, at that $78 price you were quoted. Good thing that there are only so many blah/blah/blah folk out there. They correct themselves right out of the market, paying such prices. Which leaves more for the rest of us.
    Cokeman likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'm lucky ...I have several LGS that don't gouge and Widners is 15 mins away

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    $29 is a great price for 6x100 9mm WWB. Half that for 500rds is even better. Scheel's must have your regional distributor in a headlock, or something.

Seriously though, ammo prices only go for what someone's willing to pay. Can't imagine many are willing, at that $78 price you were quoted. Good thing that there are only so many blah/blah/blah folk out there. They correct themselves right out of the market, paying such prices. Which leaves more for the rest of us.
    Hahaha! I guess I should have said "500 rounds more for half the price per round". Scheel's has a few brands of 9mm 115 gr ball ammo for $17.99/50 so about $34/100, a lot cheaper than $78! Still, anything much over $11/50 for the cheapest plinking ammo is a little steep.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Hahaha! I guess I should have said "500 rounds more for half the price per round". Scheel's has a few brands of 9mm 115 gr ball ammo for $17.99/50 so about $34/100, a lot cheaper than $78! Still, anything much over $11/50 for the cheapest plinking ammo is a little steep.
    I still remember the countless 2000rd cases of reload ammo I purchased from a LGS/loader in a small town, back in the early-mid 1990's, at ~$120/case. That's about $6/100. I still tear up, a bit, when thinking of the last box of that stuff that I shot, about ~6yrs ago.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Don't shoot much?
    multistage likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links