SCORED !!!! : Ammo for ammo

This is a discussion on SCORED !!!! : Ammo for ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So i picked up two boxes of 9mm ar normal prices from dicks and traded them for 2 boxes of .40 cal..... come to find ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By bigmacque

Thread: SCORED !!!! : Ammo for ammo

SCORED !!!! : Ammo for ammo

So i picked up two boxes of 9mm ar normal prices from dicks and traded them for 2 boxes of .40 cal..... come to find out the guy sold his .40 and actually had 275 rounds of .40 that he wanted to offload. So I picked up 275 rnds of .40 for the princely sum of 75 bucks.... oh and in the lot was a 50 rnd box of winchester ranger .40 cal ....yeaahhhhh buddy !
    Snub44 and mprp like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

2. Remove Ads

Dicks is selling ammo again? I called the one near me a few months back and they said they weren't selling anymore handgun ammo and it was Company Policy.

Maybe the guy on the phone was just being a tool..

Tool. The Dick's near me sells all the different handgun calibers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

yep...def a tool. The guy at my local dicks said they stocked fri night and they even had 10 550 rond boxes of 22, as well as every major revolver and semi caliber. Apparently this was the first time they had full shelves since last summer. They were cleaned out by sat evening save the 2 boxes of 9mm and some 22 lr shot shell ammo
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Dicks and Cheaper than Dirt both did the same thing last December after the Sandy Hook shooting, caved to a fear about the anti-gun crowd, took things off the shelf, swore they'd never sell those evil black rifles or that bad ammo again ..... just to try to look politically correct.

I doubt I'll ever walk into a Dicks again.
    dukalmighty likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    275 Rnds? You're excited? LOL

Sounds like 40-60 mins at the range.

Now 500 rnds of .40 for $160...That will excite me...still; a good price for you.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Getting better? Let's hope so. I've seen a tiny bit of improvement but we'll see how it goes in the coming months.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Good score. Was the 50 rds of Winchester ranger on top of the 275 rds or was that part of it. Things are definitely getting better. Some of the overpriced 9mm online is in stock for more than 10 minutes. I still saw that bulkammo had some 1000 rd lots of 9mm for $750 but I passed because I thought that was a little too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    Good score. I still saw that bulk ammo had some 1000 rd lots of 9mm for $750 but I passed because I thought that was a little too much.
    75 cents a round a wee too much?? Me thinks you're right Kemo Sabee
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Dicks and Cheaper than Dirt both did the same thing last December after the Sandy Hook shooting, caved to a fear about the anti-gun crowd, took things off the shelf, swore they'd never sell those evil black rifles or that bad ammo again ..... just to try to look politically correct.

I doubt I'll ever walk into a Dicks again.
    Wasn't it Dicks that renigged on the Black Friday AR 15 sales and refused to honor them after Sandy Hook?

I will never step foot in Dicks Sporting Goods again.

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    Wasn't it Dicks that renigged on the Black Friday AR 15 sales and refused to honor them after Sandy Hook?

I will never step foot in Dicks Sporting Goods again.
    Yep
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Getting better? Let's hope so. I've seen a tiny bit of improvement but we'll see how it goes in the coming months.
    I am in MO, and yesterday afternoon I picked up 2 50 round boxes of 9mm AE FMJ 115 gr at Bass Pro. I wasn't expecting to see any 9mm...but I turned a corner to the ammo shelf...and all I could do is stare for there must have been at least 25 (or more) boxes of that AE 9mm ammo. I already have a decent stash, but would like some more to shoot regularly and to have on hand to prove my next gun purchase. I might have to swing past Bass Pro on the way home tomorrow and see what's left.

Links