Are things getting better?

This is a discussion on Are things getting better? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The joys of living 5 minutes from a Cabelas and Super Wal-Mart. Picked up a 1400 round Remington Golden 22lr "bucket O bullets" for 59.99. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Are things getting better?

The joys of living 5 minutes from a Cabelas and Super Wal-Mart. Picked up a 1400 round Remington Golden 22lr "bucket O bullets" for 59.99. Blazer brass 9mm for 14.99, 30-30 for 16.50, 25/box of 00 Royal buck for 13.99
    and Tulammo 223 for 5.50. Granted they were going fast early in the morning.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Phaedrus's Avatar
    Today Scheel's had Winchester 115 gr JHP for $20/50. That's a pretty darned good price for HP ammo! I only picked up two boxes since I don't really -need- any real bad, but can always use a little more. I think I'll see how they run thru my Nano.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I think things are getting better so long as some nut-job doesn't crawl out from under his rock and do something stupid. I saw a Facebook post tonight from a local dealer advertising that he has some ammo now. I called to inquire and he's selling 9mm for $26...too pricey for me (for practice ammo) but at least he has it now.

He also said he has 5.56 but wasn't sure of the price (lazy kid on the phone helping me....gotta love-em).

Things still have a way to go in my area but I welcome any improvement.

The supply is better in my area , but the demand is just as high as its been anytime in recent memory . If you are at the store when the ammo comes in , you can get what you want , wait a couple of hours and you're SOL !!! I am still having difficulty finding quality 22 LR at a reasonable price .
    Worms gotta eat, same as buzzards................

VIP Member
    I have been checking Dunham's, the area's most reliable source of ammo for the past few months. We have gone from common calibers seldom being in inventory to coming in but quickly selling out. Today, there was still ample .22, 9mm, and .40 caliber in stock, reasonably priced, two days after the weekly truck came in.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I made it to Walmart this morning about 45 mins after the ammo was put out for sale and there was still several boxes of Federal 9mm. I got my 3-box limit (150 rounds) and was on my way.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Maybe yes, very slowly. I have seen 9mm on line lately at .38 cents/round. Most is still around .70 cents or so. It is not better at my local stores though.

Cabelas is keeping it real with good prices. Everything flies off the shelf but they're getting the popular calibers in on a regular basis. Now they're sometimes even getting some 9mm Hydra-shok and Hornady Critical Duty JHP's.
    StormRhydr likes this.

I think stuff is a little better, seeing 9mm on the shelf mid day and 5.56, 7.62...no bricks of 22 but small 50rd packs are floating around.

Speaking of gougers, CDNN will never get my business again.

Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Still no primers available, at less then double standard retail. I have been able to pick up 22s on occasion for a decent price. Gougers are going to lose a lot of business when this thing settles down.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I am starting to see a lot of the cheaper 9mm like WPA out there for a little over 20 cents a round quite regular. It does not last long but it is showing up more often.

Distinguished Member Array Phaedrus's Avatar
    Today Scheel's had Winchester 124gr FMJ for $15.99/50. Not great but not terrible. I picked up three boxes.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    Of course you still have the companies like surplus ammo and the ammunition store selling 9mm FMJ for 60+ cents a round.
    I learned the hard way - DONT buy any of the remanfactured junk they sell. FTF every other round.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands." -- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    I learned the hard way - DONT buy any of the remanfactured junk they sell. FTF every other round.
    This isn't the first time I've heard that about that store. Glad I saw that BEFORE I purchased any from there.
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

Local wally world had ten or twelve boxes of Federal 9mm at $14 today and ive been finding. 45 acp there as well for $22. Several ARs in the case too. Lots of ammo at LGS, too, but still no 22lr anywhere. What's up with that?
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links