Using GunBot for the first time.

This is a discussion on Using GunBot for the first time. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Using GunBot for the first time and I have an ammunition question. I have only ever bought 9mm ammo once, a box of Blazer steel ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Using GunBot for the first time.

Using GunBot for the first time and I have an ammunition question.

I have only ever bought 9mm ammo once, a box of Blazer steel case. Looking through GunBot there are so many manufacturers and re-manufacturers I don't know what might be good or not? This would be target ammo.

I see that there is the BIG box of re-manufactured BVAC ammo on gun bot for 169$ from Selway armory. .34 a bullet seems OK... has anyone used this company before?

Are there any laws in Ohio preventing ammo from being shipped?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I'm in Ohio and order ammo online from time to time with no issues. Just received two boxes of Ranger-T 180gr for my .40 yesterday in fact.

Also if you haven't checked the site out yet, Ammo :: Ammunition :: Ammo For Sale : Cheap Ammo : Find Ammunition at AmmoSeek.com is another decent search engine for ammo that I like to use.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I just ordered 1,000 rounds of 22LR off of Wikiarms.

I believe they are a sponsor here as well.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I just ordered some ammo from cabela's via gun bot, but I'm concerned about a lot of the online retailers I see there, because I've never heard of a lot of them, and I'm afraid of getting ripped-off.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

You can do better than $.34 per bullet on Gunbot.net, and it doesn't have to be steel case (it may take a bit of looking, but it can be found).
    StormRhydr and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b2187101 View Post
    I have only ever bought 9mm ammo once, a box of Blazer steel case.
    First I question the Steel Case Blazer as Blazer does not make steel case loads? You may have purchased aluminum case. What is your perception of "BIG" 500 rounds or 1000 rounds?

In the good old days of November Twenty-Twelve I could purchase a 1000 round of 9mm or 40 S&W re-manufactured ammunition for ±$170.00 per 1000 rounds. However we won't see that pricing again at least until after 2014 or later. Maybe never. Please check both pricing and shipping as some of the vendors will sell for X dollars and then add $40 to $50 shipping and handling. I live in Nevada and most of the time my shipping costs from AL, FL, LA, OK, TX are below twenty dollar for either 9,000 rounds of 22LR or 1,000 rounds of 9mm. Not all Re-Manufacturers are good but most are acceptable. Ranges in Mexifornia* I use have had problem with LAX ammo and there are others. IF you find a Re-Manufacturer you want to buy from ask about them on this forum and I'm sure someone will have an opinion of them!

* as a NOOB, here is a book you need to read as your Senate just pass a bill that will make all states like California! Mexifornia: A State of Becoming: Victor Davis Hanson: 9781594032172: Amazon.com: Books
    gatorbait51 likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Well, I ordered 500 rounds of 9mm re-manufactured from Idaho. Only $20 shipping to Ohio, which to me doesn't sound that bad considering how far. A little bit of a wait for the order to arrive, but I'll be gone for most of the wait so not a deal breaker.

I'll give my impressions and range report of the ammo when it comes in. Sort of ordered blindly, but read up on the company and they seem legit. So far good communications from their end, which is nice.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

You should have waited for this: WPA (Wolf) 9mm 115grn FMJ 50rd Box 1 hour ago $0.22/rd [$10.95] [out of stock] [AimSurplus] Yes, $0.22 per round. It went fast, but it was available.
    StormRhydr and gatorbait51 like this.

Looks like there was some Tula and Brown Bear 9mm on there for 20 cents/round earlier today. That's the cheapest I've seen. You can almost always get FMJ for under 35 cents per round on there at any time.

I've not had any problems ordering through any of the deals I found on Gunbot, though you do have to look at shipping. That said, you would have to pay sales tax in most places if you bought locally, so it is about a wash in most cases. The one exception was when I bought from Cabelas and had to pay both shipping and tax :(

I've found google to be my friend. You can search for reviews from the retailer and reviews on the ammo as well to help minimize some of the risk.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Just received my UPS notice. Will have the bullets on the 3rd. I'm not paying tax since they are out of state. Total for 500 bullets is just under 31 cents.

These will last a while, maybe there are cheaper deals coming up, maybe 31 is about the going rate these days.

I'm hooked on GunBot now.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Just received my UPS notice. Will have the bullets on the 3rd. I'm not paying tax since they are out of state. Total for 500 bullets is just under 31 cents.

These will last a while, maybe there are cheaper deals coming up, maybe 31 is about the going rate these days.

I'm hooked on GunBot now.
    That's pretty good for the market that's out there these days. I ordered some Wold steel cased stuff on Monday that was listed at 24 cents per round. With shipping it came to 29 cents, but still an improvement over six months ago.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Decent price, depending on the shipping costs. That's the killer one ammo since it's so heavy.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

the shipping was $20.
    Phaedrus and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    First I question the Steel Case Blazer as Blazer does not make steel case loads? You may have purchased aluminum case. What is your perception of "BIG" 500 rounds or 1000 rounds?
    The last 4 boxes of Blazer 10mm I had were steel cased. Perhaps they only use steel for specific calibers?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Using GunBot for the first time and I have an ammunition question.

I have only ever bought 9mm ammo once, a box of Blazer steel case. Looking through GunBot there are so many manufacturers and re-manufacturers I don't know what might be good or not? This would be target ammo.

I see that there is the BIG box of re-manufactured BVAC ammo on gun bot for 169$ from Selway armory. .34 a bullet seems OK... has anyone used this company before?

Are there any laws in Ohio preventing ammo from being shipped?
    I've had very good results using Freedom Munitions (9mm and .40) and their reloads. As a matter of fact another 500 rounds of their 9mm reloads are arriving on Friday.

They also sell "new" but like I mentioned I've not had any problems with the reloads.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links