Tulammo Brassmax ammo

This is a discussion on Tulammo Brassmax ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Found this in 9mm in Walmart today. It is brasscased, not steel, and made in Italy per the box and sold in 50 round boxes. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tulammo Brassmax ammo

Tulammo Brassmax ammo

Found this in 9mm in Walmart today. It is brasscased, not steel, and made in Italy per the box and sold in 50 round boxes. I know Tulammo is a Russian ammo manufacturer and I have always stayed away from their products. I think Fiocchi may be making it for them and they rebadge it. Anyone shot it yet, it is real hot per the ballistics info. on their website, it is loaded like a .357 SIG. See link, 9mm Luger (9×19) « tulammousa.com

2. Remove Ads

I saw some for sale online and they were packaged in cans of some sort, about the size of a soup can. Were the ones at Walmart in a can or regular boxes? I can't remember where they said they were manufactured but it was somewhere in the former Yugoslavia.

No personal experience with them on my part but I'm curious to read reviews.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

here is a youtube link, Tulammo Brass Maxx 40 s&w - YouTube

Distinguished Member
    if it comes in cans and are made in Italy it may be relabeled "canned heat" by Fiocchi Fiocchi Canned Heat: Long Term Ammunition Storage For the Survivalist | The Firearm Blog
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

I shot a box of the Tula Brass Maxx 170gr 40SW a few weeks ago without issue. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373043935.955479.jpg

Probably the same stuff just packaged differently. I found an example of it over on cheaperthandirt.com

Ammo 9mm TulAmmo BrassMAXX 115 Grain FMJ 100 Round Cylinder 1150 fps

"BrassMAXX ammunition is manufactured in Bosnian and Herzegovina for TulAmmo. This quality brass cased ammo is built to the same high tolerances as the Russian manufactured ammo TulAmmo is famous for. We bought a special run of brass cased, boxer primed, 9mm, 115 grain, FMJ that is packaged in a plastic cylinder that is about the size of can of beans. This is a great choice for long term storage!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

I havent shot any yet, but did come across a box of 50, repeat, 50 .223 of that brand (in a white cardboard box), and the best part is it was $17.99 for FIFTY. .223 or 5.56 generally comes in boxes of 20, and in todays market that brassmaxx was a great buy.

My research shows it to be made by fiochi as well, so Im thinking its gtg.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Probably the same stuff just packaged differently. I found an example of it over on cheaperthandirt.com

Ammo 9mm TulAmmo BrassMAXX 115 Grain FMJ 100 Round Cylinder 1150 fps

"BrassMAXX ammunition is manufactured in Bosnian and Herzegovina for TulAmmo. This quality brass cased ammo is built to the same high tolerances as the Russian manufactured ammo TulAmmo is famous for. We bought a special run of brass cased, boxer primed, 9mm, 115 grain, FMJ that is packaged in a plastic cylinder that is about the size of can of beans. This is a great choice for long term storage!
    The box I shot said it was manufactured in Italy. I thought I read somewhere that the bullets were Tula while the brass, primers and powder as well as assembly was contracted out. Maybe it's caliber specific.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373050726.165764.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    The box I shot said it was manufactured in Italy. I thought I read somewhere that the bullets were Tula while the brass, primers and powder as well as assembly was contracted out. Maybe it's caliber specific.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373050726.165764.jpg
    I think the major ammo manufacturers can't keep up with demand and are just rebranding ammo from smaller manufacturers. Cabelas has done it in years past even preceding the latest panic with their Herters brand. First time I heard of the reincarnation of Herters through Cabelas the ammo was made in Malaysia. Then it was rebranded Tula Ammo. Then it was Fiocchi and then they came out with their aluminum cased which was just CCI's Blazer with tephlon coated bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I think the major ammo manufacturers can't keep up with demand and are just rebranding ammo from smaller manufacturers. Cabelas has done it in years past even preceding the latest panic with their Herters brand. First time I heard of the reincarnation of Herters through Cabelas the ammo was made in Malaysia. Then it was rebranded Tula Ammo. Then it was Fiocchi and then they came out with their aluminum cased which was just CCI's Blazer with tephlon coated bullets.
    My head is spinning. ;)
    rammerjammer likes this.

People were buying their 3 box limit at Walmart when I was (reluctantly of course) there. All I heard was the salesperson say it was Tula ammo, but brass cased.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I never has a problem with it but ive only shot it out of my Glock. It was dirty.though If im remembering correctly. Shot around 250 9mm rounds.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I saw some of that at Walmart a week ago. I would have tried some but they had three boxes of Federal 9mm at the time so I got that instead. Looks good to me.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Imagine my surprise yesterday when I stopped by a Wal-Mart in Arnold, MO (St Louis area) and saw these strange plastic tins of ammo in the ammo case. Sure, I know that .40 and .45 ammo is pretty well represented...but 9mm?

I saw TulAmmo and was gonna keep walking - I don't care for steel cased ammo. Looked again and saw that this was 9mm 115gr BRASS cased FMJ. Ammo is made in Bosnia.

Bought 3 on the spot...and 3 more on my through at the end of the day. They had maybe 20 of these plastic 100rd tins. $22.50/100rd. WHAT A STEAL!

Anyone else use them? I shot about 50rds and they worked just fine. No issues at all.

DSC06483.jpg

A buddy here in Atascosita, TX Wally World finally found some 9mm, he told me it was Russian ammo, might be the same or might be their steel cased rounds... he didn't say !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links