Where can I find the old Chinese 7.62x39 API rounds?

This is a discussion on Where can I find the old Chinese 7.62x39 API rounds? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off, I am only looking for these rounds out of pure interest. I have no real reason to need them but I would like ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckusaret
  • 1 Post By StormRhydr

Thread: Where can I find the old Chinese 7.62x39 API rounds?

Where can I find the old Chinese 7.62x39 API rounds?

First off, I am only looking for these rounds out of pure interest. I have no real reason to need them but I would like to get a box or two of the old Chineese Armor Piercing Incinderary rounds in 7.62x39. I see a lot of testing of them on Youtube but haven't been able to find anywhere to purchase a box. I was hoping someone might have a lead on where to get them??? I did some asking around and they are not illegal to own, only illegal to import more of them. Those that are already in the U.S. are perfectly fine to have. Any suggestions on where to start looking?

2. Remove Ads

Try Sportsman's Guide they used to advertise them.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I don't believe that is the case in Florida per Florida Statute 790.31 Armor-piercing or exploding ammunition or dragon’s breath shotgun shells, bolo shells, or flechette shells prohibited.—

In any case, just to prevent a possible hassle with the authorities, I don't own any......
    StormRhydr likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Not sure if this is what you're after or not:
    Specialty : Ammo To Go

Here's a primer on Chicom Ammo:
    http://www.dave-cushman.net/shot/762x39_cartridge.html

From a couple week old thread on Akfiles. I have zero relationship or experience with these guys and would never call but I am more conservative than most.

"Norinco steel case 7.62x39 mm green box 180 rounds $100
    Located in louisiana call for more info 985-5161255 "
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    I don't believe that is the case in Florida per Florida Statute 790.31 Armor-piercing or exploding ammunition or dragon’s breath shotgun shells, bolo shells, or flechette shells prohibited.—

In any case, just to prevent a possible hassle with the authorities, I don't own any......
    Me either. I don't need them though.;-)

You might want to double check on the legality issue, API could be considered a destructive device. I'm not saying I don't think it's legal, but I definitely suggest checking to be sure.

Thanks for the links and I appreciate the replys.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post

Please understand what you are reading before posting. The above quote is incomplete and mis-leading for several reasons.

1) This statute is specifically designed to define the limits of possession and use of the subject ammo. It further distinguishes the differences between "possession" and/or "possession WHILE loaded in a handgun" (defined WITHIN the statute as....“Handgun” means a firearm capable of being carried and used by one hand, such as a pistol or revolver.)

2)Simple Possession of the "Armor Piercing" rounds is not prohibited by this statute.. It is expressly prohibited to possess this ammo WHILE loaded in a "handgun".

3)Simple possession of "exploding" ammo is not prohibited by this statute. It is expressly prohibited to possess this ammo while loaded in any FIREARM.

Please be careful to pass ACCURATE facts when dealing with this subject matter. Inaccuracy is the leading reason for such heated gun control debates in recent years. To avoid any hassle with authorities, know your limits, know the law. If you don't know, for god's sake...please don't share inaccurate or mis-leading information.

Im really amazed by ...the complexity of firearms laws/regulations. While everyone has heard that "Ignorance of the law is no excuse", the legal maxim was meant for easily understood things. Such as murder, burglary, theft, speeding, etc. Not for technically complex subjects, ever changing ATF interpretations, and laws that are changed and rearranged about as often as the stairs at Hogwarts.

Like Chuck, I err on the side of caution, (or at least try to do so), in these areas. Not trying to high jack a thread, but I think its virtually impossible for the average gun owning enthusiast to keep track of this stuff.

Its really amazing. Its one of the only areas that I can think of that average citizens are expected to keep up with such changing and complex regulations, laws, interpretations of same, etc, AND that has such draconian penalties should one either trip up, OR if one is simply unlucky enough to have someone claim that you violated something, when there was zero intent to do so, and when there might well be conflicting interpretations in the area.

The general criminal code is a picnic compared to this stuff.
    Christopher67 likes this.

Links