Scored Some .22LR Ammo Today!

This is a discussion on Scored Some .22LR Ammo Today! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the grocery store this morning (Meijers) and after getting everything on my list I swung by the ammo counter in the sporting ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By maxwell97
  • 1 Post By WHEC724

Thread: Scored Some .22LR Ammo Today!

Scored Some .22LR Ammo Today!

I went to the grocery store this morning (Meijers) and after getting everything on my list I swung by the ammo counter in the sporting goods area like I have been doing for months, not really expecting to find anything I needed. Low and behold, I was shocked to see they had 5 bricks of Remington Thunderbolt .22LR in the ammo case! I haven't seen any .22LR for months. I was able to buy 2 bricks at $19.40 each. The woman said she had just put them in the ammo case a little earlier this morning, and didn't expect them to last very long.

I remember the day when I could get RWS and Ely target ammo for about that price, but those days are long gone! I was happy to get 1,000 rounds for $40, given what I've seen some ammo going for online.

I've been teaching one of my granddaughters how to shoot and now we can go out again without me completely depleating my .22 stock.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

2. Remove Ads

Score! Good job. Now you can sell them online for a lot more and buy your granddaughter a pony or something.
    lionround likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Nice score. My Walmart shelves still carry only dust and shotgun shells.
    CamoColton likes this.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Score! Good job. Now you can sell them online for a lot more and buy your granddaughter a pony or something.
    Now that's funny.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Nice score. My Walmart shelves still carry only dust and shotgun shells.
    I've scored .22lr at my local Walmart. You have to get there early, really early. The clerks like to tip off their friends who buy it up then flip it for a higher price. On a another forum folks in Vegas were complaining how when they got there 0630 hrs. There were folks sitting in front of the counter in folding lawn chairs. In Northern NV we have a lot of Cali refugees coming here to buy our still scarce supply. To the OP congrats enjoy the time with your grand daughter.

I found 22lr and 22wmr this weekend at Wal-Mart and Blain's Farm and Fleet. I also picked up a box of 45acp from WM. Are we beginning to see a return to normalcy for ammo? I sure hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    That's funny! But even if I could sell it for enough to buy her a pony, she has a little sister and I'd have to buy two! And I doubt if my daughter would approve anyway. Seriously, though, I would never do something like buy ammo and then jack up the price as some unscrupulous individuals are doing. I buy it for my own use == not to gouge people and make an outrageous profit.

As an aside, I've noticed that AR15/M4 mags are becoming more plentiful, and at reasonable prices. I hope the gougers who bought up a bunch and tried to sell them at outrageous prices get stuck with a bunch of stock they cannot move. Would serve them right!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Links