critical duty

critical duty

This is a discussion on critical duty within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; just ordered 50 rounds of critical duty 135 gr +p in 9mm.Gonna see how it runs in the cw9.Anybody used this ammo ?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: critical duty

critical duty

just ordered 50 rounds of critical duty 135 gr +p in 9mm.Gonna see how it runs in the cw9.Anybody used this ammo ?

Not the +P. I use the 135g in my Kimber Solo. Works great. Anything less than 135 BTW for a Solo will make you want to get rid of it.

I was thinking that weight in +p will give decent expansion and penetration.Currently using winchester +p+ in 127 gr .A little too much recoil for fast follow up shots.Figured i will shoot one box of cd and see how it does and save the other box for edc.

NickBurkhardt likes this.
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by warpig76 View Post
    just ordered 50 rounds of critical duty 135 gr +p in 9mm.Gonna see how it runs in the cw9.Anybody used this ammo ?
    It'll work quite well in a CW9.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I use it in my xd 9. Works well. I like the heavy weight but in +p you still get good velocities for expansion.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

My EDC (Glock 17) is loaded with it...shoots straight and performs well through various barriers...

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    from what i understand the critical duty was designed for full sized (duty) hand guns, with full length barrels. it may produce more muzzle flash/blast and recoil when used in compact guns.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

I have used it, I noticed the rubber tip seems to drag on the feed ramp a little bit of my 19 but it feeds just fine, I like the idea of a 135g +p round, it has a little weight & the extra punch

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    I have CD 115gr FTX that cycles through my PF9 very well. I have never thought to try the 135gr. Maybe I'll give that a shot (no pun intended).
    “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    ― Edward R. Murrow
    After all, when the Supreme Court twice comes within one vote of ruling that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Bill of Rights isn’t an individual right, Americans have a right to be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    I have CD 115gr FTX that cycles through my PF9 very well. I have never thought to try the 135gr. Maybe I'll give that a shot (no pun intended).
    2 different rounds , Critical duty & Critical Defense

From what I've read...Critical Duty was designed for LEO in their carry weapons due to better "barrier" penetration.

Critical Defense was designed for..well "Defensive" purposes aka Self Defense ammunition.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

got the critical duty in today.just went through 26 rounds with no problems.the other 24 are in my carry mags right now.

VIP Member
    I use it in both of my S&Ws: Shield 9 and Full Size 9. Runs great...just ordered another 150 rds of it.
    Last edited by srings; July 25th, 2013 at 06:49 PM.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links