Should I go to AA?

Should I go to AA?

This is a discussion on Should I go to AA? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, my name is Sister and I buy ammo. I had a guy today at the LGS teasing me that I needed to start an ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Should I go to AA?

Distinguished Member

Should I go to AA?

Hello, my name is Sister and I buy ammo.

I had a guy today at the LGS teasing me that I needed to start an "Ammo Anonymous" group, anybody else addicted to never having enough ammo? Found 2 boxes of 308's at the LGS today. Expensive as heck, $1.25 a bullet and they weren't even hollow points. I justified it in that you can't find the shells and I can learn to load them later. Got .22lr out the wazzo, am turning it down now and saving using the cc for 308's.

Is this a disorder or a healthy hobby?
    Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

~ Jesus ~

Hello Sister and thanks for sharing.
    Badey, gun_bushido and Aceoky like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Hello, my name is Sister and I buy ammo.

I had a guy today at the LGS teasing me that I needed to start an "Ammo Anonymous" group, anybody else addicted to never having enough ammo? Found 2 boxes of 308's at the LGS today. Expensive as heck, $1.25 a bullet and they weren't even hollow points. I justified it in that you can't find the shells and I can learn to load them later. Got .22lr out the wazzo, am turning it down now and saving using the cc for 308's.

Is this a disorder or a healthy hobby?
    Tell the guy to shut the heck up and take your money.

I guess it depends on your supply. A gun without ammo ain't much use, after all.
    Sister, grouse and Aceoky like this.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

Captain Bellamy

I too have the same problem. I buy up any ammo (for calibers I own) I come across.
    Sister and Aceoky like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    I think you just started AA today .
    Hello my name is Welder i like to buy ammo everytime i see some in the calibers i own ....This problem started when the supplies started to tighten up.
    Last edited by welder516; July 16th, 2013 at 04:55 PM.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar
    I buy ammo in the calibers I own generally whenever I see it. You're not alone, Sister.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    The addiction is especially pronounced in the south. Threat of an upcoming hurricane or snow storm? Grocery store shelves are emptied out in a hurry. Same thinking goes into ammo purchases. Im as guilty as the next guy (or sister). Keep telling myself I need to do my own reloads, but not sure I have the patience for it.

Distinguished Member
    If I see it and I shoot it...I buy it. Save me a seat at your next AA meeting.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

I buy when I get the chance out here, and get resentful when Cali's come across the state line and buy it 1st. They voted those idiots into office why do I have to pay the price?

Distinguished Member
    tdave I was in Cabelas the other day and they had the shelves stocked with ammunition quit crying. I feel the same way when I go fishing and every parking spot is filled with nevada license plates. Don't you folks have your own water?

Before you get all mad I am just teasing. I think!
    goldmaster, tdave, mprp and 1 others like this.

Sister, save me a seat up to the right of the Pulpit. I believe I am in as bad or worse shape than you.......
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

I have only One .40 semi. I have maybe 300 rounds and most of it is decent target ammo (Winchester White box) I saw an online offer for Hornady Critical Duty 175Gr box of 50 for approx $39.00 (I could use at least two).

Dunno things are tight money wise now might wait a bit.

Cope's Distributing

VIP Member
    Healthy Hobby! Which reminds me, I haven't bought anything lately. I really have to do something about that.
    Aceoky likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Found some target .45 for $19.99 box last night online. Be here in a couple days.

You guys have coffee?
    Aceoky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    tdave I was in Cabelas the other day and they had the shelves stocked with ammunition quit crying. I feel the same way when I go fishing and every parking spot is filled with nevada license plates. Don't you folks have your own water?

Before you get all mad I am just teasing. I think!
    Hey yesterday I texted a coworker about some ammo I spotted he lives on the California side of Tahoe. I know not everybody's in favor of their politicos heck I've got Harry Reid!
    mprp likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links