Ammo is becoming available.

This is a discussion on Ammo is becoming available. within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was in my local area WalMart this afternoon. After many trips where there was no ammo available for the last several months, today they ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ammo is becoming available.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar

Ammo is becoming available.

I was in my local area WalMart this afternoon. After many trips where there was no ammo available for the last several months, today they had a decent amount and for a fair price.

The only ammo they did not have was .22 rimfire and .38 special.

I was able to buy 3 boxes of Winchester .45acp 230 gr FMJ for $20 per box.

After leaving there, I went to another local gun store and they had every caliber other than .22 rimfire as well. However, their Winchester .45acp ammo was a little higher in price at $28 per box.
    Snub44 likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    well this is good stuff. hopefully they keep coming back to normal.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Distinguished Member
    Ammo is available and Janet is gone. Makes you wonder.
    Rock and Glock and Kennydale like this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

It's better than it was 2-6 months ago but still pales when compared to before December 13th. It's going to be years before we get back to anything that resembles "normal." Just filling back-orders alone would take 100% of production for 3-4 months.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I picked up some double oh at my local WW last wk and a box of .40fmj
    And a box (25) of #4 shot yesterday.
    AND....AND the local WW had 3 AR's in the case
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    It's better than it was 2-6 months ago but still pales when compared to before December 13th. It's going to be years before we get back to anything that resembles "normal." Just filling back-orders alone would take 100% of production for 3-4 months.
    +1. I think it will be at least until late 2014 until you can walk into a store and get exactly what you want (e.g., Remington 9mm 147gr hollow points vs "this is all we've got, do you want it or not").
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    I picked up some double oh at my local WW last wk and a box of .40fmj
    And a box (25) of #4 shot yesterday.
    AND....AND the local WW had 3 AR's in the case
    I enjoy positive happy people!

Thank you!
    Rock and Glock likes this.

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Still no ammo here in Central Florida. I kid you not, I haven't seen 9mm at Wal-Mart since the sandy hook shooting.

I've only been able to score 2 boxes of .380 3 boxes of .40 and 1 box of .45(which I don't even own) the past 8 months.

I stopped by Bass Pro Shop today, got 100 rd box of .45acp, they had no 9mm, or .38 sp, and 1 box of 357 mag left. After I left I swung over to Academy sports, got me 200rds (4 50rd boxes) of 9mm. Academy Sports has recently (as recent as last week!) changed their 'restrictions', the sign now says: maximum 2 boxes (or 1 box of bulk), which has changed from 1 box per caliber per day.

So, for those who caught it!!!, how did I get 200rds?. I bought 2 boxes of 50's, then walked over to the gun display, chatted with the guy who works there for about 10-15 minutes, then got another 2 boxes of 50's on the way out. Great price too, $10.99 per box of 50rds, tho' it is only steel casing, so no reloading.

Sara Lou
    Just because i'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me....

Distinguished Member
    Bass Pro has had a good amount of ammo where I am. Just by shopping there early my .22lr count is pushing (if not at) 5,000 rounds. Funny thing, I still haven't shot that gun yet.

Plenty of .40, plenty of .38. Still running low on the 308, good thing I can save the casings and learn to make more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zralou View Post
    I stopped by Bass Pro Shop today, got 100 rd box of .45acp, they had no 9mm, or .38 sp, and 1 box of 357 mag left. After I left I swung over to Academy sports, got me 200rds (4 50rd boxes) of 9mm. Academy Sports has recently (as recent as last week!) changed their 'restrictions', the sign now says: maximum 2 boxes (or 1 box of bulk), which has changed from 1 box per caliber per day.

So, for those who caught it!!!, how did I get 200rds?. I bought 2 boxes of 50's, then walked over to the gun display, chatted with the guy who works there for about 10-15 minutes, then got another 2 boxes of 50's on the way out. Great price too, $10.99 per box of 50rds, tho' it is only steel casing, so no reloading.

Sara Lou

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Yeah, its still pretty dry here. Once in awhile my buddy gets his hands on some 9mm @ the Wal-Mart in the next town over. I haven't seen 9mm here since last year. I'm starting to see some more ammo online coming available but its over priced. Very recently, however, its starting to come down and its not as expensive as it was. I hope the year estimate for things to return to normal is way off. TSM exacerbated matters by buying up tons of the stuff and hopefully they have their fill by now. Its a little disconcerting to see how fragile the supply can be.

If there ain't any 22 available I don't wanna hear about it.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I'm seeing more ammo and more guns on a consistent basis.
    Sister likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Cabela's shelves were full of everything, and arms list is full of people trying to sell ammo for the same price as in the store, which is not going to work starting...just...about...now.

I thought it would be mid August before this started happening, but I'll take it now. I'm already seeing bullets and primers being sold under market in St. Louis. Looks like buy time is approaching.
    Sister likes this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    Still no ammo here in Central Florida. I kid you not, I haven't seen 9mm at Wal-Mart since the sandy hook shooting.

I've only been able to score 2 boxes of .380 3 boxes of .40 and 1 box of .45(which I don't even own) the past 8 months.
    same with my hometown. The last time I could buy ammo was in December and they were running low then. The guy at my local wally world says the same few people buy whatever comes in at 2 in the morning. I don't need ammo that bad thankfully to go and compete with them. yet....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links