Ammo coming around again

Ammo coming around again

This is a discussion on Ammo coming around again within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just scored some tulammo brass Max at Walmart for $14 a box. Glad to see the ammo coming back around. Still slow here in the ...

Ammo coming around again

Just scored some tulammo brass Max at Walmart for $14 a box. Glad to see the ammo coming back around. Still slow here in the Bangor Maine area.

-Jason

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Saw some Rem 45 and 9mm 250 packs at Wal-Mart today. Still no 22s unless you are there when stock comes in.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Sunday I found the first .45 ACP 230 Grain Ball target ammo cheaper than online at walmart. Hundred pack of Winchester was $46.24 after taxes. That is cheaper than buying online when you figure the shipping vs the sales tax. Plus in Oklahoma , you are supposed to report out of state purchases and pay tax on them anyway at the end of the year.

mdk
    I was in Sportsman Warehouse today. Lot's of .40S&W and .45ACP among others.

Quote Originally Posted by mdk View Post
    I was in Sportsman Warehouse today. Lot's of .40S&W and .45ACP among others.
    Which store were you in?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Cabelas just had their grand opening here in Green Bay. They had a substantial amount of ammo in all calibers including 22lr. Predictably, the 22lr sold out pretty fast. I also notice the LGS have Winchester in 45 auto on the shelves quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskeetshooter View Post
    Saw some Rem 45 and 9mm 250 packs at Wal-Mart today. Still no 22s unless you are there when stock comes in.
    And that's the trick. At our local Walmart, ammo comes in on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. Gotta be there by zero eight if you want anything.

But if you're there, you can get what you need.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jab73180 View Post
    Just scored some tulammo brass Max at Walmart for $14 a box. Glad to see the ammo coming back around. Still slow here in the Bangor Maine area.

-Jason
    Yah, nothing like crap russian stuff or whereever it comes from for a bargain. Coming around again? Kidding? As already said, 22LR non existent and my favorite FN5.7X28 at $52 when I paid $19 a year ago. Oh yah--it is really coming around. BTW--does anyone really think it will come back to its original prices? I doubt I will ever see $7 mini mag 22 or $19 FN 5.7X28.

Links