147gr +P 9mm availability

This is a discussion on 147gr +P 9mm availability within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm currently carrying some Speer 147gr +P GDHPs that came in the 50 count LE box, but it seems like these bullets have dropped off ...

Thread: 147gr +P 9mm availability

I'm currently carrying some Speer 147gr +P GDHPs that came in the 50 count LE box, but it seems like these bullets have dropped off the face of the earth.

It's definitely my favorite 9mm load, does anyone know where I can find more gold dots or a comparable 147gr +P? I don't have an issue finding 115gr/124gr +p/+p+ but I never see 147gr +P.

AmmunitionDepot, SGAmmo & BulkAmmo.com all have them most of the time, but of course availability varies from day to day.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    In my testing these are one of the best performing 9mm loads. I too used to buy the 50 round LE boxes a year ago but now can't even find the 20 round boxes. The 147gr loads seemed to have dried up. Hopefully we'll see them come back.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

Interesting. I wasn't even aware that Speer made a 147 +P. I carry their standard pressure 147, and have 100 in reserve. Love them.
    Currently own: Beretta PX4 9mm, Glock 23 (Gen 4), Glock 19 (Gen 4) x2

Keep an eye on gunbot :)

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Just by luck I happened on a 20 round box several months ago. Last box in the LGS. Haven't seen any since. They are in my CCW, a Kahr CM-9.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

FWIW I carry Federal HST 147gr in my 9mm. The vendors I mentioned about almost always have them. Ammunition depot and SGAmmo have the best prices, around $30 per 50 count box. I think the HST is probably about as good as anything out there right now. If I had my druthers I'd probably carry the 124gr HST but it's harder to find. I'm pretty confident in the 147gr, though.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I use Hornady 147 grain XTP's. I read on another forum that Buffalo Bore is very good. Anyone test these?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Sponsored Links