seeking .40SW & .45ACP ammo, anyone selling these lately?

This is a discussion on seeking .40SW & .45ACP ammo, anyone selling these lately? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Due to cost and availability of handgun ammo, I’m shooting so seldomly of late, the spiders are thinking about subdividing the mags in my handguns, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: seeking .40SW & .45ACP ammo, anyone selling these lately?

seeking .40SW & .45ACP ammo, anyone selling these lately?

Due to cost and availability of handgun ammo, I’m shooting so seldomly of late, the spiders are thinking about subdividing the mags in my handguns, and making the barrels into time shares!

They’re already using the lasers as disco lightballs! I believe I overheard some of them saying they would redevelop the pistol cases into theme parks pretty soon too.

Sure would like to know where I can buy some .40SW JHP (155gr or 165gr) AND some 45ACP JHP (160, (185, 200, or 230gr) std ammo… even in FMJ wad cutter suits me.

Anyone seeing these rounds in stock at a reliable B&M dealership or online, in 50pcs or 100pcs lots recently?

I’m no hoarder, but would like to have more than 40 or 50 rounds on hand as is the case currently. All I got recently were some Speer GD 155gr JHP in .40SW and I think some Hornady 185gr .45ACP JHP, 2 boxes of 20 rd each.. freakin’ cost me $80+!!

A buck a round for specialty ammo? Well, OK… but just for practice? Yikes!

Even flat nose 40SW 165gr FMJ would be OK.

Anyone got a reasonable ammo resource they can share here or by PM?

Please help… I don’t want to have to buy a season pass to the new Spiderman theme park likely now under development, in my own sidearm cases! I’d prefer to avoid the eviction process altogether, and send the spiders off with a bang instead of filing papers with the courts.

… huge thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Google Freedomunitions. They sell new and remanufactured ammunition in different calibers. I purchased some of their 165 gr. FMJ and it worked out fine.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Distinguished Member
    +1 on FreedomMunitions.

This link will take you right to a list of what they have in stock:
    In Stock Now...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    I can't speak for you area but, the local Wal-Marts has been keeping 45ACP Rem-UMC in stock consistantly for the past few weeks @ $105.00 for 250 rounds. 9mm and 40 seem to be available about every other day @ $89.00 for 250 rounds. That is still a little expensive for my tastes, but I would probably be a player if I needed some.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    try gunbot.net-it lists most available ammo on sale with links
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

All three walmarts in my town always have .40 and .45 in stock. In the 100 round bulk packs too. Cheapest you can get it, period.

Palmetto has some .45 for $19.99 a box of 50rds right now. I ordered 3 this morning. Pretty decent deal

Quote Originally Posted by Flap View Post
    Due to cost and availability of handgun ammo, I’m shooting so seldomly of late, the spiders are thinking about subdividing the mags in my handguns, and making the barrels into time shares!

They’re already using the lasers as disco lightballs! I believe I overheard some of them saying they would redevelop the pistol cases into theme parks pretty soon too.

Sure would like to know where I can buy some .40SW JHP (155gr or 165gr) AND some 45ACP JHP (160, (185, 200, or 230gr) std ammo… even in FMJ wad cutter suits me.

Anyone seeing these rounds in stock at a reliable B&M dealership or online, in 50pcs or 100pcs lots recently?

I’m no hoarder, but would like to have more than 40 or 50 rounds on hand as is the case currently. All I got recently were some Speer GD 155gr JHP in .40SW and I think some Hornady 185gr .45ACP JHP, 2 boxes of 20 rd each.. freakin’ cost me $80+!!

A buck a round for specialty ammo? Well, OK… but just for practice? Yikes!

Even flat nose 40SW 165gr FMJ would be OK.

Anyone got a reasonable ammo resource they can share here or by PM?

Please help… I don’t want to have to buy a season pass to the new Spiderman theme park likely now under development, in my own sidearm cases! I’d prefer to avoid the eviction process altogether, and send the spiders off with a bang instead of filing papers with the courts.

… huge thanks.
    Our local Fin, Feathers and Fur (sporting goods, etc. store) has had a steady supply of Blazer brass and Blazer aluminum.45 ACP and .40 since about April. Prices are about $7-$8 above what they used to be but that's pretty much what you'll find everywhere. I did luck out today and find about 10 boxes of Federal Brass .45 ACP at my local Walmart. They were $21.00 per box and had a 3 box limit. A pretty good deal.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

I'll definitely look into these links asap.

many thanks folks... really.

Tthe only Walmarts carrying slugs around here are well out of town. the one which usually has some and is very near hasn't had anything for some time.

WalMart tonight had quite a bit of .40 and .45 (UMC and Winchester). I actually DIDN'T buy any because I have my minimum on hand.

Wal-Mart in Sugar Land, TX had some Winchester White Box target .40

Try these people In Stock Now...

They have a store in Houston (Jersey Village), and they have a a lot of ammo just delivered there.

Very cool...

How you all find this stuff amazes me.

I knew I could count on this site for help… and somewhere in these links I’ll find the stuff I need to practice with, and maybe more.

I like the accuracy most 185 – 200 non p ammo yields out of either my KP345 or FNP 45T. so I try to shoot only those weights & loads in .45 ACP. Plinking with 230 ball can’t be too much of a issue to overcome, and it ought to help with recoil management somewhat too.

40SW is different somehow for me. My SR 40C is more frisky and I’ve settled on 155gr JHP (Horn or Speer GD) for it, and 165gr for my Beretta Carbine. Naturally, either can shoot whatever so far without incident… and alas, neither has more than 100 rounds or so downrange. Yeah, it’s sad.

This shortage caught me sleping or not in the loop so to speak. Guess that says what I’m about as well. I’m just out to keep me & mine, alive and here.

I’ll get on these spots later today. Tremendous appreciation… for this info and whatever else comes along. Very cool.
    Kennydale likes this.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    my LGS and LWW all have ammo. for you, try SGAmmo.com | Family Owned and Operated, Stillwater Oklahoma
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links