"The dam has burst"

This is a discussion on "The dam has burst" within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "The dam has burst" - that's what the guy said when I called my local Sportmans Warehouse asking if they had any .40 ammo in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: "The dam has burst"

Distinguished Member

"The dam has burst"

"The dam has burst" - that's what the guy said when I called my local Sportmans Warehouse asking if they had any .40 ammo in stock. He said 380, 9mm and 22lr were still in short supply but that he had 1,000's of rounds of .40, 45 and AR ammo. They don't even keep it behind the customer service anymore. Walked in and went to the ammo section and picked up 2 50 round boxes of 40 for 18.99/19.99 and checked out. First time I've done that since last November. Was pretty great to see, now I'll top it off with a range trip after work or Tom. Hope everything else will follow soon. Glad to have my G23 as my EDC :).
    dV8r likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

2. Remove Ads

Well maybe a small flood gate has been partially opened.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Wish I could find some 9mm ammo. I have found a few boxes of SD ammo but no FMJ at all.

On Thursday morning local Sportsman's Wearhouse has ammo. They are typically sold out by the end of the day, especially .22LR, 9mm and 5.56.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

VIP Member
    We’re too far downstream; ammo is still in short supply here.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Our dam up here is still froze.

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeaCPA View Post
    Wish I could find some 9mm ammo. I have found a few boxes of SD ammo but no FMJ at all.
    GunBot find 9mm ammo in stock
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Don't call 911, call 1911...

I suffer from chronic & incurable "Condition One"
    But I've learned to live with it.

VIP Member
    Things are slowly getting better. I was able to purchase 150 rounds of 9mm last weekend. I need to replenish my 45 ACP stockpile and haven't had the opportunity yet. I'm hoping in the next week or so I'll find it on the shelves. 40 and 357 Sig seem to be in overstock conditions right now.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Went to Walmart today, checked the ammo section, expecting the same empty shelves and there was ammunition. Not just one box, but several calibers, all of which I shoot. For the first time in months, I actually had to make a choice. I bought a 100 round box of WWB for my 45, Federal 357 and something called Brassmax 9mm from Tulammo ($13 a box). Anyway, it was a good feeling to see that much ammo. The dam might have sprung a leak.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Guns don't make decisions, people do.
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Wish a few minor levies would break in my area. Supply is still spotty at best. Makes me glad that I laid in a nice little supply after the great Obammoscare of '08, but I'd love a chance to replenish what little I've shot so far.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

No 9mm & .357 either around here. Anything else you can probably find some place, but I wouldn't call it anything close to "high volume" or "common" yet.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array Phaedrus's Avatar
    Today Scheel's just got another few cases of 9mm 147gr Blazer in. I must be in the minority as I like this stuff. While I do save brass to reload I have several ice cream pails worth already. Blazer is cheap, it runs well in my guns and I don't feel bad leaving it on the range floor.

The ammo situation locally here is excellent...except of course for .22lr!
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

At 9AM last Saturday, my WalMart had 9MM, 380 and 45 auto. I thought I had been time-warped back to 2002.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Hit'em straight and keep it in the short grass.

I went gun shopping yesterday and the first thing I did was look at their ammo shelf. Then I looked at all of their guns. I went aiming to buy a naa 22mag but didn't see any ammo for it on the shelf so I spent time looking at every gun in the cases thinking that I was going to need to change my plan. An older guy behind the counter started talking to me and I told him what I came to buy but didn't see any ammo for it so I was looking at everything to maybe decide on something different. He said that they keep ammo back to sell with new guns so that the buyer wouldn't be buying a gun that he couldn't get ammo for. He went to check and came back and said that he had ONE box of 50 count .22mag for $23 but it was the good ammo. I bought the naa mini revolver and that one box of ammo.
    They had plenty of 9mm and 40 and some .38, and some makarov and that was about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy1960 View Post
    I went gun shopping yesterday and the first thing I did was look at their ammo shelf. Then I looked at all of their guns. I went aiming to buy a naa 22mag but didn't see any ammo for it on the shelf so I spent time looking at every gun in the cases thinking that I was going to need to change my plan. An older guy behind the counter started talking to me and I told him what I came to buy but didn't see any ammo for it so I was looking at everything to maybe decide on something different. He said that they keep ammo back to sell with new guns so that the buyer wouldn't be buying a gun that he couldn't get ammo for. He went to check and came back and said that he had ONE box of 50 count .22mag for $23 but it was the good ammo. I bought the naa mini revolver and that one box of ammo.
    They had plenty of 9mm and 40 and some .38, and some makarov and that was about it.
    You might have paid a little too much for the ammo, but you got yourself a great little gun. good luck
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Guns don't make decisions, people do.
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links