Are there any real good LASER 'BORE SIGHTERS' today?

This is a discussion on Are there any real good LASER 'BORE SIGHTERS' today? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all I've been kicking this around for a while now and feel for me, getting a nice dependable accurate and easy to use, laser ...

Thread: Are there any real good LASER 'BORE SIGHTERS' today?

Are there any real good LASER 'BORE SIGHTERS' today?

Hi all

I've been kicking this around for a while now and feel for me, getting a nice dependable accurate and easy to use, laser bore sighter would be a real handy gizmo to have in the arsenal.

what I seek needs to be able to work in handguns of .40SW & .45ACP, AND with my .40SW carbine... and it needs to be a GREEN laser.

I’m thinking this should help in switching out laser sights across a few pistols… although I understand even a bore sighter isn’t the end all be all in sighting in a weapon’s laser system.

Any suggestions? Please include links to them or to the sellers.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

Be careful of what you're expecting. Some people expect boresighters to get them on target at 100 yds - ain't happening. Sounds like your best bet would be one that either has a cone that goes into the muzzle or a magnet that attaches to the muzzle where you line up one of a series of circles with the outside of the barrel.

Why must it be green? If so you can differentiate btwn the two just temporarily cover one to see which is which.

I have the one shown in the link below. Got it at cabelas. Love it.

Site Lite SL-100 Boresighter : Cabela's

Why must it be green? If so you can differentiate btwn the two just temporarily cover one to see which is which.[/QUOTE]

...or turn off the laser sight on the gun itself.

A: Vision dictates green for me now.

Chamber cartridge type appears the ticket and am looking into ones from sevewral makers."Aimshot
    Firefield
    Laser Lyte
    SightMark
    Sight-Rite
    Osprey
    ??
    I could probably make Red work.

so something should appear soon.

Lots o' thanks.

My best guess here is to try the Laser Lyte ver, muzzle loader bore sighter.

I thought to go with a cartridge ver but some things aren't completely appropriate for both handguns and rifles going that route.

LL has been around a while and the input online seems good regardless where you look for owner reviews... and it apparently comes with arbors which span the range from 22 to 50 cal. in one device/system.

it's run time too is really decent.

From the linkis I've perused, Aimshot & Osprey are squabbling aobut some proprietary design or patent thing and I've read where one place sent out a different bore sighter than was requested.. an Aimshot for an Osprey or vice versa. whichever it was it gave me a bad feeling, and I'm bright enough to remember to remove the gizmo from the bore!

I'll update things shortly as ot how well this ll MBS 1 arrangement works out.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flap View Post
    . Chamber cartridge type appears the ticket and am looking into ones from sevewral makers."Aimshot
    Firefield
    Laser Lyte
    SightMark
    Sight-Rite
    Osprey
    ??
    I could probably make Red work.

so something should appear soon.

Lots o' thanks.
    Flap ... I've have the Sightmark in 9mm and .45acp for quite some time. Both work very well
    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’

— Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    I had a leopold magnet bore mount, (attatched to the end of rifle/shotgun/muzzleloader).
    It went bad. Bought one of those "laser" boresighters with all the different sizes to fit over the laser's arbor for $30.

Its Crap.
    Thought it would work but the problem is, it doesn't hold tight when you insert it into the bore, thus you get a droopy(not on target) red dot.
    Bought another type of magnet boresighter (Bushnell variant).
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    I had a leopold magnet bore mount, (attatched to the end of rifle/shotgun/muzzleloader).
    It went bad. Bought one of those "laser" boresighters with all the different sizes to fit over the laser's arbor for $30. Its Crap.
    Thought it would work but the problem is, it doesn't hold tight when you insert it into the bore, thus you get a droopy(not on target) red dot.
    Bought another type of magnet boresighter (Bushnell variant).

Wow!
    Would you mind saying which ones were bad, and which Bushnel sort worked?
    I have the Laser Lyte MBS 1 atop my list to try first.

My ideas on a Bore Sighter are predominately pistol oriented, with only one carbine and one shotgun around.. no AR 10s yet, affixing a magnetized item onto the muzzle of a handgun seems awkward…. Depending, of course on I’ts weight and length.

Size as well as versatility in calibers is what pointed me towards Laser Lyte, and their rep so far in the industry doesn’t hurt either. However, all that said, I’m an open book on which way to go presently.
    Thank you

Links