Opinions on Freedom Munitions reloads

This is a discussion on Opinions on Freedom Munitions reloads within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 0.27 a round is still a bit steep (or maybe not, if Adam Smith's invisible hand is truly free), but I'm thinking of buying a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blue Thunder

Thread: Opinions on Freedom Munitions reloads

VIP Member

0.27 a round is still a bit steep (or maybe not, if Adam Smith's invisible hand is truly free), but I'm thinking of buying a bulk of 1000 rounds

9mm 115 gr. RN

Any opinions on this stuff (i.e., any kabooms? Or is this just the same as the "range loads" I buy when I go to the range?)

Yeah, I need to start reload, but I don't have the time to commit to it to make sure I do it right....
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Personally if I ever shoot reloads that's going to mean I've taken the plunge and started to reload myself.

But .27 a round sounds very steep for reloads. Just leave gunbot open while you're at work and set the alarm to go off for deals .27 and under. Give it a week and I guarantee you'll find factory manufactured rounds at the same or a better price than that. I actually have 500 rounds of 9mm waiting for me at Cabela's now that was only twenty something cents a round that I ordered earlier this week.

*edit

Also the best deals seem to show up early in the week on Monday or Tuesday for some reason.

Ive shot hundreds of rounds of Freedom Munitions 9mm reloads and zero issues. Not one FTF,FTE or a Dud . All good and accurate for reloads. The QC seems very good. I ordered 500 rounds from them months ago. Fast service to my door :)

I have bypassed the middle man on reloads for many years doing it my self. QC is In House, Chamber Checking every round before going into the Range bag is the second, and using quality products that have been stored in very good conditions makes things just peachy, especially down here in the Gun Room.
    Exsimguy1 likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

I have fired several hundred and have had no problems.

I bought 500 Freedom remanufactured 9mm rounds a couple months ago. Was on the first box and had a squib round that lodged tight in the barrel (no damage) .

Still plan on using it as the quality seems on par with other FMJ such as WWB but will take more care loading ALL ammo in the future.

I have shot their ammo. I currently have 45, 380, 40 and 223. No failures. They go bang every time. I will buy more from them.

Members on other forums report issues such as feeding or ejecting issues, cracked cases, blown primers, and KBs.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I've never had any issues with their ammo. I was shooting .40 s&w reloads. I would buy more from them if they started doing those free shipping deals again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    Members on other forums report issues such as feeding or ejecting issues, cracked cases, blown primers, and KBs.
    Yikes.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Freedom Muntions is also the subcontractor that loaded .223 ammo for USA Ammo brand that blew up a few AR15s by charging the cases with pistol powder instead of rifle powder.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    I've used their reloads many times and have never encountered any of these issues.

They also have a brass buy back program too.

I shot some of their .44 mag new rounds. They all fired just fine but the accuracy was nothing to shout about. I was shooting this in a Rossi lever gun at 100 yards and they were about 1/3 as accurate as Winchester white box. I hope it was not the bullets as I purchased 500 slugs from them.

Links