What's the word on Black Hills ammo?

This is a discussion on What's the word on Black Hills ammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes I can and indeed have done my own research. I also respect the opinions of 99% of the members here. So would I like ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 481
  • 1 Post By mcp1810
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By TXOutfitter

Thread: What's the word on Black Hills ammo?

Yes I can and indeed have done my own research. I also respect the opinions of 99% of the members here.

So would I like to know about your experiences with this Co. ?
    "You are guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky

It is high-quality ammo, IMO. In my experience, I've always gotten clean, polished ammo that has been 100% reliable through all of my guns and I consider it to be a great value.

Buy it in confidence. It is a reputable brand.
    pilot101 likes this.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

First rate stuff! The one thing I miss most about Maryland is that the local shop carried a wide assortment of Black Hills in both new and reman. Their match ammo is (IMHO) easily as good as Federal Gold Medal (.223 and .308) and darn near as accurate as I can make myself. I would not hesitate to carry any of their SD type handgun ammo.
    481 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by pilot101 View Post
    Yes I can and indeed have done my own research. I also respect the opinions of 99% of the members here.

So would I like to know about your experiences with this Co. ?
    I've used it in 9 and 40, good stuff. Never any problems

I like their rifle ammo. The 556 75gr is very accurate with my AR-15.

Haven't shot their pistol ammo for a while but remember it as very good stuff. Would be happy to get some if it comes for a decent price.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    When I am shooting beyond seven hundred yards, it is always with Black Hills Match ammo. Reliable stuff, even though I haven't seen any on the shelves recently.
    pilot101 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

If their pistol ammo is as good as their rifle ammo, then it's "top notch"! I've used their Black Hills Gold in all 3 of my 25-06s and its Extremely Accurate and faster than any other loads I've bought recently with the exception of Double Tap......and I can't find anyone that compares to DT for consistency and velocity/accuracy combination! Since I quit reloading I use DT and Black Hills Gold.....
    pilot101 likes this.
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

It's awesome stuff! Just wish it was easier to find.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

High quality, no questions asked. I have fired thousands of rounds through my AR both new and their nblue box stuff. Never have had a single fte or ftf

Sponsored Links