Walmart Shelves in my area....

This is a discussion on Walmart Shelves in my area.... within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, here is a pic of the ammo shelf when I walked into Walmart this afternoon. They had anything you could possibly want other than ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Walmart Shelves in my area....

So, here is a pic of the ammo shelf when I walked into Walmart this afternoon. They had anything you could possibly want other than .22 which goes very quickly. The shelf was fully stocked with 9mm, .40, .45, .380, .357, .38 special, .44 mag, .25 auto, .32 auto, .308, .223, .556, and just about every other handgun and rifle caliber you could think of. It seems thinks are back to normal here with the exception of .22LR and even that is starting to last a little longer on the shelves. There was a time when the .22 never made it to the shelf and was gobbled up by the many people waiting in line when the cases were opened. Now, there are only a few folks in line waithing on the .22 and what they don't buy goes on the shelf and sits there for a few hours before it's snatched up. I feel like in the next month or two that .22 will be available anytime you want to stop at walmart and pick some up. Things are definetly looking much better.

2013-08-12 17.34.28.jpg
    StormRhydr and tony1990 like this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I want.
    JDE101 likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    I want.
    x2 The wal mart in my area had a few 20 count boxes of 9mm for 21 dollars each.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    I want.
    Set down and figure if it would be feasible for me to mail it to you and if you want me to pick up something I'd be glad to do it. I would send the receipts with the package and charge exact shipping. Wouldn't make a penny, just help someone out. I feel confident they will have most anything othe than .22 and may even be able to get that on the right day.

We still look nothing like that sadly.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Wow. Merry Christmas.

It's been what seems like forever since the shelves at Wally Word or Bass Pro have looked like that around here.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

For the last few months I've been getting what I need at Walmart by waiting in line at 6 AM when they bring the previous night's ammo delivery out. The last week or so, 9mm has been sitting on the shelf most of the day before is sells out, and there is no line at 6 AM anymore.

So our local store is not as well off as yours, but it's definitely getting better.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Walmart will not get any patronage from me. It's pro gun mom and pop from here on out..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Looks nothing like the Walmart shelves here in Massachusetts, where the handgun, 233 and 556 ammo goes quickly.
    "If there is trouble, I stay here to help you. For your father -- for your father."

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Bare shelves here

Here it's not good yet but I can see some improvement. Due to our proximity to California I think ours is going to be prolonged because of anticipation of ammo restrictions across the state line sending people over here looking for ammo and avoiding background check fees and taxes.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    We had a company at the last gunshow (central Va) (end of June) offering 147 grain, loose packed for $16 and they also have 115 gr target for about $13. So it's not looking too bad here.

Not like that in the Mtn Home Wal Mart, last time I looked. Did go to a new indoor range in same area, that had some of everything.

Bare shelves here as well . . .
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links