Anyone else like .45s AND .25s?

This is a discussion on Anyone else like .45s AND .25s? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know there probably aren't a lot of folks out there who like BOTH, but I love the way a .45 shoots, a push rather ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By glocksub
  • 2 Post By Echo_Four

Thread: Anyone else like .45s AND .25s?

I know there probably aren't a lot of folks out there who like BOTH, but I love the way a .45 shoots, a push rather than snappy recoil, which makes follow up shots easier. But I also love the way my Beretta 950 in .25 ACP shoots as well. A .25 to me is much more pleasant to shoot than a .22 of the same size. Had a Bobcat, Taurus PT22, and another 950 in .22 short but the .25 hasn't jammed once in 6 years and about 1000 rounds while all the others jam constantly even with Stingers. Even the sound of a .25 is nicer than the crack of a .22 in a short barrel. Were both rounds invented by Browning?
    dV8r likes this.

I have a little FIE Titan that I bought used over 30 years ago. I carry it when absolutely nothing else will work. It was only 50 bucks at a pawn shop back then but it has never FTF or jammed.

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    I like both if only because my German Walther TPH is 6.35mm (.25 ACP)
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Quote Originally Posted by glocksub View Post
    I know there probably aren't a lot of folks out there who like BOTH, but I love the way a .45 shoots, a push rather than snappy recoil, which makes follow up shots easier. But I also love the way my Beretta 950 in .25 ACP shoots as well. A .25 to me is much more pleasant to shoot than a .22 of the same size. Had a Bobcat, Taurus PT22, and another 950 in .22 short but the .25 hasn't jammed once in 6 years and about 1000 rounds while all the others jam constantly even with Stingers. Even the sound of a .25 is nicer than the crack of a .22 in a short barrel. Were both rounds invented by Browning?
    +1
    i have more than one of each, like 'em a lot.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Rockman
    I liked .45's when the factory offerings were cheaper. Don't have a .25 gun, so can't answer on that caliber.

VIP Member
    25s are neat. Just be careful using them for defense. If the bad guy finds out you shot him it will probably make him pretty mad.
    357and40 and Aceoky like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    25s are neat. Just be careful using them for defense. If the bad guy finds out you shot him it will probably make him pretty mad.
    Lol

I've never shot a .25. Never really seen the point. .45s are fun, although I carry 9mm.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

If you buy a .25, for god's sake put it on the top shelf of your closet. If you don't, you may be tempted to load it. If you load it, you may be tempted to carry it. If you carry it and have to shoot someone the guy just might find out and he's probably gonna shove it in places you don't want it.

But hey, I want to get a .32 acp. Carry what you want.

I like both really well. I take only the .45 seriously but think the .25 is a hoot.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Why has 25acp ammo always been so expensive. Is it so small that it's hard to make or what?
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Sponsored Links