Good Read for the AR-15 Folk's

Good Read for the AR-15 Folk's

This is a discussion on Good Read for the AR-15 Folk's within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/bras...el-cased-ammo/...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Harryball

Thread: Good Read for the AR-15 Folk's

Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

nice article was intersting to read. i just bought a bushmaster ar15. xm15 e2s model. and i have shot about 200 steel tula through it and about 300 brass. i have mostly brass in my ammo stock but have about 60 steel tula. if a shtf scenario i really wouldnt care if i was using brass or steel. for range ill shoot the cheapest stuff i can get. if it ruins my rifle in a few years ill buy 2 more.

Interesting. It would seem that buying a quality rifle from that start would be the best option. Doing so seems to mute the point about the ammo...
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Great article, thanks for sharing! I won't have any qualms about breaking out my steel cased rounds on my AR in the future. I have a bulk box is herter's steel case waiting to be used.

Great read. The embedded "cyclic rate" video was very interesting as well. This comment about barrel wear makes sense, although I had never thought about it:

"The steel cases themselves don’t have any effect on the condition of the bore. The difference lies with the projectile – the soft copper jacket of the Federal ammunition simply doesn’t cause the same amount of wear as the bimetal (copper and steel) jacket of the Russian ammunition."

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Interesting. It would seem that buying a quality rifle from that start would be the best option. Doing so seems to mute the point about the ammo...
    I would think a "quality" rifle or barrel for that matter woul be "washed out" with nearly equal enthusiasm. Bushmaster isn't top shelf, but there is lot's worse. If you were aiming this at "quality" ammunition, I couldn't agree more. I think the rifle quality is mute for the gist of the test.

Terry

Links