9mm +P Federal HST 124 Grain Deep Dive Test

This is a discussion on 9mm +P Federal HST 124 Grain Deep Dive Test within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I blew through 30 rounds doing this test in 4 different barrel lengths. It again confirmed my faith and trust from 16" down to 3.35" ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Phaedrus

Thread: 9mm +P Federal HST 124 Grain Deep Dive test

9mm +P Federal HST 124 Grain Deep Dive test

I blew through 30 rounds doing this test in 4 different barrel lengths. It again confirmed my faith and trust from 16" down to 3.35" barrel length.

Full story with links to all four test videos.
    Pocket Guns and Gear: Federal HST 9mm +P 124 Grain - A Pet Load

Teaser picture
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

2. Remove Ads

Where did you find it???!!?! I been looking for MONTHS
    “The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
    - Samuel Adams

Member: NRA, GOAL

Quote Originally Posted by Jmhm17 View Post
    Between May and October 2012, you could find it in several places for $25 a box delivered. Recently, it's been out everywhere. Posting the test now so folks can keep an eye out for it when it eventually comes back.
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Just an observation - even Federal's "old generation" Hydra-Shok remains effective in service, and the new stuff (HST) seems even better. And before either, the classic 9BP load was one of the "go-to" rounds for duty and defensive use. Pretty consistent performance over the years.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by Jmhm17 View Post
    Check out GunBot. Pretty much real time tracking of who has what ammo (and other supplies).
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Check out GunBot. Pretty much real time tracking of who has what ammo (and other supplies).
    If you go to gunbot today, it might not look like much. They've been doing a server migration or something and are not finished yet. Just wanted to let you know in case it's a first time visit for you. Try again at a later time and it might be working better.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

SGAmmo has been my 'go-to' place for ammo but it looks like word has spread! Now they're out of most stuff again.
    Fisher10 and hogdaddy like this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Thank you! great site. I just home some of these guys ship to MA.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
    - Samuel Adams

Member: NRA, GOAL

Links