Walmart had a ton of ammo....

This is a discussion on Walmart had a ton of ammo.... within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; went to the local wally world and they had the proverbial butt load of ammo.... .380 acp in seevral flavors, 9mm in federal and WWB, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Walmart had a ton of ammo....

Walmart had a ton of ammo....

went to the local wally world and they had the proverbial butt load of ammo.... .380 acp in seevral flavors, 9mm in federal and WWB, .45 acp in Federal and WWB and so much 5.56.... it was a good feeling... Oh and I grabbed 300 rnds of 9mm too
    Aceoky, StormRhydr and ArmyCop like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

2. Remove Ads

See any rimfire?
    Aceoky and Sky Pilot like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Lucky. Pretty much all the Walmart around here only have shotgun shells and 270,30-60 ammo...been like that for looooooong time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Nice! I went to a shop to pay for my M1a and they were what shops used to look like, lots of ammo and lots of guns. Guy helping me said they went to both SHOT shows, and did a lot of ordering in order to be "ready" for the upcoming rush. It was refreshing but it appeared it was more prudence on one shops part than a sign of the times. It is getting better overall around here as well, but it seems we have our own State panic taking hold with our own stupid legislative issues.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Middle TN; Local walmart had lots of good federal 9mm day before yesterday. That was about it. Last week they were VERY well stocked with CCI mini mags (.22 Lr). I could have bought all I wanted (assuming they didnt have the 3 box limit), but didnt need it. They also have had, for a week or so, a 1,000 round case of federal 5.56 for $447.00.

All the .22 ammo is gone now. I expect the 9mm is gone now as well.

There has been quite a bit of centerfire pistol sitting on the shelves for a little while now,22 bulk boxes are non existent,Academy had 100 round packs of cci mini mags at about 10 cents a pop after taxes,they can keep it,will check tomorrow for bulk 22 at 4 - 5 cents a round,I'm not paying more than I can reload centerfire pistol ammo for,yup I reload for about 5-6 cents a round
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Still not much in Millington (West TN). I haven't checked any of the Memphis stores.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    They are starting to actually keep some of the shelves at the one near me.They had a fair amount of rifle ammo today.That's been kinda rare up until maybe a month or so ago.

I've stopped checking our Local WW for ammo it's been that "rare" for so long . Might be time to start checking again - but I have a feeling more disappointment is what I'd find. I've been able to find "some" at gun shops (at GS prices - LOL) and I reload for both .40 and .45 and cast bullets for them as well when I really want ammo I "can" have ammo.

[QUOTE=gasmitty;2925245]See any rimfire?[/QUOT

They had some cci subsonic fodder but that was it. I have noticed a trend though... walmart has started selling guns in select stores again, and the ones selling guns seem to be getting the ammo. A friend who lives near another walmart has had very good luck as well, ever since his ww opened a gun counter. YMMV
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

VIP Member
    Gun counter never left here- but still no ammo to be purchased other than deer rifle stuff and shotgun shells, and then only birdshot.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    They will till the next election gets close.

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Hunting Seasons in the air & ammo's on the shelves

Was in Gander yesterday they had all the "556/223 <@ $.60 too $.62 a round & 9mm <@$.40 a round & 45acp & 38 & 357mag & 44mag & 30-30 & 30-06, & 12g slugs & etc" you can afford to buy with no limits but no 22lr they had just ran dry {seconds from ah clean getaway} but they said they are getting more ammo in on Mon.

Bass on Fri had lots a 556/223 <@ $.54 too $.97 a round & lots ah 22lr 50-round boxes <@$2.49 ech & some 9mm <@ $.32 a round with limits. They had a 5-box limit on 22lr but this guy in front of me had 20-boxes of 22lr and the girl rang um up with no questions asked......so much for their purchasing limit signs "EH"

One of the fellows working on our indoor rimfire range at the gun club said he would go to Wal-Mart Monday mornings, be-there time 6 AM when the ammo came in, and he was picking up 550 round boxes for fifteen bucks.
    That sounded a little too good to be true.
    I was proud of myself.
    I didn't bulge out my eyes nor did I run my tongue out a foot to hear his report!
    (Not that any of our fine fellows would pull one another's leg ... nooooo ...)
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Pilot View Post
    One of the fellows working on our indoor rimfire range at the gun club said he would go to Wal-Mart Monday mornings, be-there time 6 AM when the ammo came in, and he was picking up 550 round boxes for fifteen bucks. That sounded a little too good to be true. I was proud of myself. I didn't bulge out my eyes nor did I run my tongue out a foot to hear his report! (Not that any of our fine fellows would pull one another's leg ... nooooo ...)
    If eye knew how to take pitchers & post um on here I'd ah posted some with a copy of ah front page of a newspaper to verify the date it was taken with my #13 post above....hummm it's post #13 its gah dah be straight up Jack

I'm tellin ya Spankie ~ Gander had 3-pallets stacked waist high with 320-round "plastic" ammo-cans of Federal XM193 for $199.99 with no buying limits & Bass had several hundred 50-round boxes of Remington 22 Thunderbolt / #TB22A 22lr for $2.49 with ah 5-box limit.

My only question is: if Gander & Bass can do it why can't WW or any where`s else stack um up like that too

WOW 320-round "plastic" ammo-cans of Federal XM193 @ WW would be less then I'm guessing ah boot ..... $143.68

Now I have seen 550-round boxes of Federal 22LR High Velocity Value Pks @ WW for $21.77 & 525-round boxes of Remington High Velocity 22LR Value Pack/ #1622C 22lr @ Bass for $22.99 over the past few months here & there & now & then but I haven't seen um any where`s for $15.00 in ah crow`s age even @ ah box of 50 for $2.49 that's 550-rounds for $27.39.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links