Winchester PDX1 9mm +P

This is a discussion on Winchester PDX1 9mm +P within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I usually try to stick to the 9mm ammo recommended in the Self Defense Ammo Study by Dr. Roberts. Unfortunately I have not been able ...

Thread: Winchester PDX1 9mm +P

Winchester PDX1 9mm +P

I usually try to stick to the 9mm ammo recommended in the Self Defense Ammo Study by Dr. Roberts. Unfortunately I have not been able to find any of it locally over the last couple weeks. I did find some Winchester PDX1 +P 9mm today. Does anyone have experience with it? Thoughts?
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Apex DCAEK
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm - Apex DCAEK

2. Remove Ads

RKM
    It will more than likely do the trick. However, my only issue with the PDX and Ranger-T bullets, is that in some calibers, they have very unreliable expansions. When they do expand, they're down right frightening. But I've seen them fail in many many tests. In the real world, even the best can fail to expand due to hitting bone and odd angles. I prefer Federal HST 147gr. It'll be difficult to find it locally. It's hard to find it online.

https://alamoammo.com/pistol-ammo/9m...?cPath=210#xml

I prefer Federal HST also. I have some HST 127gr I keep in my nightstand gun. Unfortunately I don't have enough to test and carry in my Shield for EDC. I may just have to order some...the shipping sucks though.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Apex DCAEK
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm - Apex DCAEK

It's my preferred 9mm carry ammo. But, I am no ballistics expert and don't do gel tests, chrony etc. I don't get too caught up in the hype of this round over that round. If it is reliable in your gun and your aim is reliable just about any defensive ammo from the well known manufacturers will do just fine.

If there were a perfect round we'd all be carrying it.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

+1 for "RammerJammer", I have been using the Winchester PDX1 in both 9mm and 45 acp for a long time and am very pleased, shoots well, loads well never had a FTF or FTE and I have been through a heck of a lot of ammo. Have been more than pleased.

The PDX1 is a decent round, it's not the same bullet as the ranger T though, and from the testing I've done with it it performed very well.. As another has said the T series have failed to expand in my tests, where the PDX1 did expand, I also prefer the HST if ya can get it..but if all you can find is the pdx then it will be fine...

Links